iOS 11 Dev Beta 2 is now Available

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I am ****ed up with iOS 11 beta 2 buggy as hell,restoring back to ios 10
It's a beta and not every beta tester enjoy a positive experience. Still, I'm sure it'll all work smoothly for you by the time the official release is initiated.

BoneCollecter

Jun 20, 2017
Visit site
Such harsh words.
I have been on the betas since the keynote and have to say it’s quite stable so far.
What bugs are you experiencing?

Actually beta one was more stable and smoother for me. I have less Lagg and hiccups until i updated to beta two.now when ever i try to shut apps they keep reopening while pressing home button to go home.battery life is terrible.animations stuttering and lag while opening apps. This is annoying,reverting back to ios 10.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Actually beta one was more stable and smoother for me.
Agreed
now when ever i try to shut apps they keep reopening while pressing home button to go home.
I rarely force close apps, so I couldn’t tell.
Did you know it is better to keep apps running.
Here is some more information about it:
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201330
cc2cb3eff48fba126064033b86d19b34.png

battery life is terrible
It’s not as good as on the first beta, but I wouldn’t call it terrible. I get half an hour less usage on average with this beta.
animations stuttering and lag while opening apps.
it’s just marginally worse than the first beta
This is annoying,reverting back to ios 10.
Please note that these betas have built in diagnostic tools that continuously sends information to Apple.
The more people running iOS 11 betas, the more information Apple will gather to make the official release even more stable.
If your iPhone is not unusable, I’d say stay on iOS 11 beta 2 and help Apple improve the overall quality of the final release.

jstnwlkr

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
Any insight into why I may be having same usage and stand by times on my battery screen? It's happening every time I take my phone off the charger and device is just sitting idle. Any help is appreciated.

jstnwlkr

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
I thought that may have been the culprit too, but nothing out of the ordinary seems to be running abnormally in the background. I've performed the resets and even gone so far as to reset my phone Settings to try and figure out what it may be. I still can't figure it out and it's driving me nuts because I can't get an accurate reading on battery usage

Chuck_IV

Apr 12, 2016
Visit site
So a couple bugs I have seen lately...

1. When receiving a iOS new mail notification(using the stock iOS mail app) on my Apple watch(series 0 running 3.2.2), it almost always tells me I have TWO emails from the same sender, even tho I only really have one.

2. When testing sound in the setting section, not only does it play the sound, but it also always plays your ringtone, over top of the sound.

On the Tapatalk crashing I am having(posted about it a few pages ago), it only seems to crash when I go to the last page of a LONG thread. Once on that page, the page will work for a second one or so then freeze and then the app will crash.

A test couple threads are, goto the Samsung KS8000 thread in the LCD flat panel section at AVSFORUMS. Another the the Denon X series in the receiver section. Both these thread are mega threads that seem to cause the crashing.

Harsh_Malkani

Jun 21, 2017
Visit site
Actually beta one was more stable and smoother for me. I have less Lagg and hiccups until i updated to beta two.now when ever i try to shut apps they keep reopening while pressing home button to go home.battery life is terrible.animations stuttering and lag while opening apps. This is annoying,reverting back to ios 10.

Totally agree with you on this one
Facing a lot of battery life concerns with this beta version
Also along with the noticeable lag while opening/closing applications, I have come across a lot of issues with the notification bar - from pop up transitions to clear notification options, it's quite a mess

badelhas

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
Also along with the noticeable lag while opening/closing applications, I have come across a lot of issues with the notification bar - from pop up transitions to clear notification options, it's quite a mess

That´s a pity. Lets hope they fix that soon...

Cheers

badelhas

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site

That´s a pity. Lets hope they fix that soon...

Cheers

gcardona

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
I’ve had this odd thing a few times where my phone would respring while attempting to change the wallpaper.

Same thing for me, but it’s a random thing. One day it will respring and the next day I can change it 5 times with no problem.

Other bug affecting me, but again one day is an issue and the next day isn’t. Trying to use iMessage apps or stickers will close out the app.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
To those of you with an watch running watchOS 4 beta and iOS 11 Dev Beta 2, does the battery level of the Watch, via the battery widget on your iPhone, match the level displayed on the Watch?

Status
Not open for further replies.