iOS 11 Dev Beta 2 is now Available

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Well this is irritating. My iPad sees update 1, but my phone does not. My phone even says a lot that it can’t search for updates.

c12c89962f80f09bd13ddb9423506872.png

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
According to Reddit these are the devices that get Update 1, Pad Air, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 4, iPad Air 2, iPad 5, iPad Pro (12.9-inch), iPhone 5s, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6, iPhone SE, and according to the 9to5 Mac article it fixes an issue with downgrading from iOS 11.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
For my iPhone iOS 11 beta works great, but watchOS 4 beta is another story.
I can’t wait for the next updates

From Reddit, go to Apple Watch on your iPhone, go down to Workout, then toggle off Detect Gym Equipment. Supposedly this solves some of the battery drain issue, I’ll report my official findings tomorrow in the watchOS 4 thread.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
The reason I don't touch watch betas. Not downgradable.

The worst that can happen with the watch is a less-than-Apple-worthy user experience for about two weeks.
I can survive that, as I took a risk by installing a beta on it.
For iPhones and in certain cases iPads, that’s something unacceptable because it’s your main device. But the watch is simply an extension of my iPhone and I can do with just the clock on the watch, if need be.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
From Reddit, go to Apple Watch on your iPhone, go down to Workout, then toggle off Detect Gym Equipment. Supposedly this solves some of the battery drain issue, I’ll report my official findings tomorrow in the watchOS 4 thread.

Already did that.
Even disabled Background App Refresh for everything and many more stuff. There is nothing much left for me then to be patient.

rlacrossjr

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
Apple updated on how to downgrade to 10. Cut and paste
If you want to switch from iOS 11 beta to iOS 10

To switch from iOS beta 11 to iOS 10,
1 you need to erase and restore your device. Then, if you have an archived backup,
2 you can set up again from that backup. Here’s how:

Check that you have the latest version of iTunes.
Download the iOS 10.3.3 Beta Restore Image for your device.
Connect your device to your computer, then put your device in recovery mode with these instructions:
For iPhone 6s and earlier, iPad, or iPod touch: Press and hold the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons at the same time. Don’t release the buttons when you see the Apple logo. Continue to hold both buttons until you see the recovery mode screen.
For iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus: Press and hold the Sleep/Wake and Volume Down buttons at the same time. Don’t release the buttons when you see the Apple logo. Continue to hold both buttons until you see the recovery mode screen.
When asked, Option-click (Mac) or Alt-click (PC) the Restore option.
Select the iOS Beta Restore Image that you downloaded. To erase your device and install iOS 10, click Restore.
Wait for the restore to finish. If asked, enter your Apple ID and password, which disables Activation Lock. If you can’t finish the restore, get help.
When the restore finishes, you can set up your device from your archived backup, which should be from an earlier version of iOS

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
iOS beta 11 Beta 2 > iOS beta 11 Beta 1 > iOS 10.3.3

Make sure you are in DFU and not recovery.

If you see iTunes logo with cable you are not in DFU mode. In iTunes if you see update and recovery you are not in DFU mode.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Anybody having Bluetooth issues? My BeatsX don’t always work properly and were having issues staying connected to embedded videos in Safari. Not sure what’s up. Now I’m really wanting beta 3 to come out.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I don’t know if it’s a Bluetooth issue but when I get into my truck and auto-connect to its Bluetooth, I have a hard time connecting to the lightning cable for music. Tells me I can’t because it’s already in use or something like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal