ios 11 vs io10 worth upgrading ? differences/strengths ?

antheocy

Oct 29, 2016
Visit site
why do Apple bring out ios updates all the time. should you upgrade ? is battery and standby time improved in updates ? Thank you

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Battery and standby are not that import to me as are the new features, security updates and patches, how ever small they may be.

Battery and standby time have been pretty consistent throughout iOS 10 and I believe that iOS 11 will be the same.

It is highly recommended to update.

Last edited:

Brian Embry

Oct 26, 2015
Visit site
My opinion is it is always better to run the newest software. For mainly reasons of security. Do I always like the changes? Nope. But, I like what I've seen so far of the look of iOS 11.

Tinkernaught

May 29, 2017
Visit site
Battery and standby are not that import to me as the new features, how ever small they may be, as the security patches and updates are.

Battery and standby time have been pretty consistent throughout iOS 10 and I believe that iOS 11 will be the same.

It is highly recommended to update.

As they say, "an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure." Staying up to date with OS updates keeps devices more secure. I always opt for newer OS versions even if the features aren't attractive. Neat stuff that I find useful and/or desirable is a bonus.

It looks like iOS will have many bonuses. :)

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
It's recommended to update the latest "official" iOS, NOT the "betas" unless you want to test the new upcoming features of a new iOS.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
why do Apple bring out ios updates all the time. should you upgrade ? is battery and standby time improved in updates ? Thank you

It’s in Apple’s best interest to keep products that people buy from them updated for several years, especially updates involving matters of security. Besides, if you spent $700 on a high end smartphone today, wouldn’t you want it to be able to run the next iOS version that’ll be available approximately 3 months from now?

Last edited:

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
It’s in Apple’s best interest to keep products that people from from them updated for several years, especially in updates involving matters of security. Besides, if you spent $700 on a high end smartphone today, wouldn’t you want it to be able to run the next iOS version that’ll be available approximately 3 months from now?

Humm, "from from"....PAYBACK (laughing:rotfl:)

Jun 14, 2017
Visit site
There aren't necessarily weaknesses from updates (barring any unforeseen bugs, but that's what beta testing is designed to try to prevent). One of the major advantages of iOS is that Apple does its best to provide free feature and security updates to as many devices that can support it. No worrying about whether or not buying a flagship phone now may or may not support an update like the fragmentation in Android. And this is not to start any fights with Android owners, its just the differences in having full control over the hardware and software and that is something Apple takes full advantage of. Google can only do so much to control the experience across several manufacturers and even builds of Android so they can't always guarantee updates will be available.

Jezza23

Jul 11, 2015
Visit site
In iOS 10 I've never really liked the menu bar; for me it's ugly and the current Android menu bar offers way more things than in iOS 10, so definitely iOS 11 will provide a big improvement in this area

prithvi64

Oct 12, 2016
Visit site
It's my second week on iOS 11. Another big annoying bug, I noticed y'day, call screen, key pad & other options aren't working, screen doesn't go out and calls not disconnected.

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
Yes, as far as I'm concerned it will definitely be worth going to 11. There were some nice features shown in the WWDC keynote. But the 9to5Mac video detailed a lot more features that much more obvious.

prithvi64 said:
Another big annoying bug, I noticed y'day, call screen, key pad & other options aren't working, screen doesn't go out and calls not disconnected.

Another reason why I'm avoiding betas. I've only got one phone and turning it up to 11 is a big change, starting with the APFS. There'll be enough problems in the General Release for some people. I don't need to put myself a similar place needlessly.

Anilu7

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
Best strength I can see as an iPad user is the adjustments and enhancements for it. It's often felt like a huge iPhone as everything is the same. I like the new dock and multitasking windows.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77