File App for iPhone Drag and Drop supported?

Jun 14, 2017
Visit site
Hi everyone,

New to the forums here. Wanted to know if any beta testers tried the Files app on the iPhone. Saw a rumor that Drag and Drop might be possible in the Files app for the iPhone (though not necessarily system wide like with the iPad). Can anyone verify?

Thanks in advance!
RoU

JSEPhD

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Does drag and drop work well from Files to Mail? It's always been a bit of a hassle to send a file if you don't start the email from the share sheet.

Jun 14, 2017
Visit site
On the iPad it works based on the keynote, iPhone I doubt it from screen real estate standpoint. However you should be able to tap and hold in the message body to attach certain files directly in mail since iOS 8

Anilu7

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
I've seen drag and drop work in a few apps on the iPhone, I don't know if it works in the files app though...

I hope that it applies to iPhone as that will be handy. Of more use due to the screen real estate on the iPad but surely no big deal to include in the iPhone. I have a 6S plus and I feel there's enough screen size to use it often. Or perhaps a copy paste like press to choose and copy a whole folder for example, then tap to paste. I don't like copying files one at a time.

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
Having Files for iPad is crucial for the desktop replacement, but it would be a giant book for the iPhone. I use my iPhone on the go for school all the time and a full file system (mostly) would simplify many of my workflows and work around. Often I find myself copying a file into one cloud system because the other isn't supported. Having that single view would be great.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro