Public betas

Chris Cook5

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
For people that can't wait to get their hands on iOS 11 but don't seem to know what to do if something goes wrong should they wait until at least beta three or four or wait until the final release

wolfee48

Mar 9, 2016
Visit site
Typically, public betas are safe. You might experience some smalls behavior issues like lag or battery drains. But that is why they are public betas, safer than dev betas.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Betas are not supposed to be used by people in need of extra assistance when something goes awry on their devices.
It should be installed by people that expect bugs, errors and inconveniences inherent to betas.

Matty

Trusted Member
May 24, 2014
Visit site
Typically, public betas are safe. You might experience some smalls behavior issues like lag or battery drains. But that is why they are public betas, safer than dev betas.
Agreed, unless you are a seasoned beta tester or should I rather say, Dev Beta tester. I would always recommend the Public beta to begin with. As you said, much more stable and gives a better indication of what the final OS will look like. 😃

I know, I know, telling someone to wait is always hard, especially when you love the OS and want to try out all the new features neow! Haha.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Agreed, unless you are a seasoned beta tester or should I rather say, Dev Beta tester. I would always recommend the Public beta to begin with. As you said, much more stable and gives a better indication of what the final OS will look like.

I know, I know, telling someone to wait is always hard, especially when you love the OS and want to try out all the new features neow! Haha.

They're only more stable if there's been an update. Otherwise they're the same.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77