iOS 11 - Impressions so far

TwitchyPuppy

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
Or like the original iPhone? I've always disliked the dots; I think bars take up less space and give better visual information at a glance.

It would’ve been nice if they put the same amount of bars (5) instead of 4. I feel like it’s less accurate the way it currently is.

TwitchyPuppy

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
When I initially install iOS 11 beta OTA, there was a little lag. I’ve yet to experience any crashes, with the exception of the Trello app, but that doesn’t really count because an app update will fix it. The rest of my 3rd-party apps work flawlessly. Anyway, after I took some time to install a fresh copy of iOS 11 and set it up as a new device, I don’t even have any more lag or I should say rare lag. For a beta 1, iOS 11 is stable enough for a daily driver. In fact, I’m using it as a daily driver. Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Pay, VPN, etcetera, all work. I’ve not experienced any dropped calls or wireless disconnections.

I’m glad to see I’m not the only one on iOS 11 who has crashes from the Trello app

And I also use iOS 11 as a daily driver without issues!

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
It would’ve been nice if they put the same amount of bars (5) instead of 4. I feel like it’s less accurate the way it currently is.

I've always thought they should put a single dot, red for no signal, yellow for marginal, green for good. (Well, it'd probably have to be three different shapes for color blind/accessibility.)

With digital radios, you either have a signal or you don't. The number of bars isn't all that meaningful since we ditched analog cellular.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
OK, wow. Wonder if there's a different way to get to it in 11, or if it's just not there yet.

Getting into Field Test Mode is not a problem. Having the signal meter change automatically once you’re in Field Test Mode is where the problem lies.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Re: iOS 11 - 48hrs later

It’s the right move. The more and more I used my 7 Plus and iPad Pro, the more things went wrong. There is a reason why Apple held this build back from public beta testing. It’s just not good. But that’s part of the beta life.

Totally agree!!!! That's why it's on my 6s Plus. I can't be bothered with it on my 7 plus just yet lol