iOS 11 - Impressions so far

Fx Kmd

Jun 22, 2014
Visit site
Re: iOS 11 - 48hrs later

Pretty stable but some shortcuts @control center don’t work as Bluetooth, Wifi sometimes.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site

Pretty stable but some shortcuts @control center don’t work as Bluetooth, Wifi sometimes.

I was connected to a BT speaker and when I tapped the Bluetooth toggle in Control Center it disconnected. It sure doesn’t work the way it was on iOS 10. We will see what the next Beta makes of it.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site

What I dislike about iOS 11 is the lock screen notification look. I don’t want to see my lock screen wallpaper every time I swipe down to see my notifications.

I thought it was pretty clear from the keynote that the notifications shade is now merged with the lockscreen, with the caveat that you can look at the lockscreen with the phone actually unlocked. Well, you can do that now on iOS 10 if you unlock with Touch ID without pressing the home button.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

I'm enjoying it, with a few nitpicks:
  • Battery isn't great
  • Control Center is cluttered and I can't find the flashlight as easily as before
  • Trying to figure out how to launch an app from a notification like I did before (user error)
  • Getting used to the new app tray in messages

I'm putting watchOS 4 on my watch now... see how that works.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site

I'm enjoying it, with a few nitpicks:
  • Battery isn't great
  • Control Center is cluttered and I can't find the flashlight as easily as before
  • Trying to figure out how to launch an app from a notification like I did before (user error)
  • Getting used to the new app tray in messages

I'm putting watchOS 4 on my watch now... see how that works.

I’m NOT a fan of not being able to launch an app directly from a lock screen notification. Hopefully they bring it back. The only workaround I’ve found is to launch from Notification Center but that’s not nearly as convenient.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

I’m NOT a fan of not being able to launch an app directly from a lock screen notification. Hopefully they bring it back. The only workaround I’ve found is to launch from Notification Center but that’s not nearly as convenient.

Force press the notification, then press again and it'll launch. Not ideal, but it works.

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site

I'll agree. My one complaint has to do with the lock screen and notification shade. I really hope they make it more like it has been under iOS 10.

calebt

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site

I tried Upgrading iOS10 to iOS 11 which I knew better to do, but was lazy, it was plagued with all sorts of bugs, to many to list. I dealt with it for a few days until I couldn’t take it no more.

So today I did a clean install, setup iPhone 7 plus as new phone. Installed my apps that I use most, Line, FB, Dashlane, MS Office, twitter, Google, some banking apps and such, Running stable and solid so far. A few copy and paste hiccups and a little sluggish here and there, the common known bugs. Running it as my daily driver now.

I would recommend to anyone upgrading to backup all important info to PC and do a clean install.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site

My battery has steadily gotten worse. So instead if dealing with restoring(I don't have time for that stuff), I took my sim out and wait until next beta. Back on my s8+ until then.

blueeyes2die4

Jun 25, 2016
Visit site

My battery has steadily gotten worse. So instead if dealing with restoring(I don't have time for that stuff), I took my sim out and wait until next beta. Back on my s8+ until then.

You don’t have to restore. Download the 10.3.2 ipsw and delete the beta profile and update to 10.3.2 through iTunes. Be sure to turn off find my iPhone before updating.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site

You said you didn’t have time for restoring so I gave you another option without losing your data and not having to switch phones.
I have no reason to go back to 10.3.2. I have 3 phones and I swap sims all the time. I'm an iPhone guru. Not here looking for help. Stated what I have found after 48 hours on the beta. As this thread title is about.

blueeyes2die4

Jun 25, 2016
Visit site

I have no reason to go back to 10.3.2. I have 3 phones and I swap sims all the time. I'm an iPhone guru. Not here looking for help. Stated what I have found after 48 hours on the beta. As this thread title is about.

Sorry for trying to be helpful. Hopefully somebody else will appreciate the help I tried to offer. Have a great day.

ladyc0524

Trusted Member
Dec 8, 2010
Visit site

Phone was bricked for about 10 minutes. Eventually it came back on. Can’t really complain much, knowing this is the first beta and all. Other than that, all is back to normal🤣

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site

I was in meetings out of town when it launched, I don't know that I want to test it on my phone however on my iPad Pro? I think that I am going to give it a whirl.