iOS 11 Dev Beta 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

anon(62000)

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
I’m not quite sure but it has to do with syncing all your devices to iCloud so you have the same messages on all of them.

That would be quite helpful. Especially when I need to charge my phone and wish to continue a discussion on my iPad... which happens fairly often.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I do get this weird thing where sometimes, after going into jiggly mode with apps, my apps will go back into jiggly mode just by going to the home screen

Chuck_IV

Apr 12, 2016
Visit site
That will not happen. Apple even advises against it, because force closing an app consumes more battery and other resources.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201330

//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170614/fbd5ff1c5b1a93dfe2fef622079bd51e.png

As much as they want to say this, from personal experience, I just don't see it that way. I see better battery life time and time again when I make sure I only leave the necessary apps open and force close all others(dbl tap home and flip up to close an app).

I'm sure this is probably due to poorly written 3rd party apps but most apps I use are 3rd party.

Now this may be different come iOS 11 but as of iOS 10 this just isn't the case for me.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I do get this weird thing where sometimes, after going into jiggly mode with apps, my apps will go back into jiggly mode just by going to the home screen

I had that issue when creating a new app folder, one of the apps disappeared. Found it later in a duplicate folder with a different app and I couldn’t move those apps. Anytime I opened either folder and left I would be in jiggly mode. Resetting my phone fixed it.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I had that issue when creating a new app folder, one of the apps disappeared. Found it later in a duplicate folder with a different app and I couldn’t move those apps. Anytime I opened either folder and left I would be in jiggly mode. Resetting my phone fixed it.

Yeah that is definitely the fix!

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
As much as they want to say this, from personal experience, I just don't see it that way. I see better battery life time and time again when I make sure I only leave the necessary apps open and force close all others(dbl tap home and flip up to close an app).

I'm sure this is probably due to poorly written 3rd party apps but most apps I use are 3rd party.

Now this may be different come iOS 11 but as of iOS 10 this just isn't the case for me.

That’s definitely not been my experience over the years.

The only apps I force close are Maps, Google Maps and TomTom, ie: navigation apps.

Trigati

Sep 1, 2015
Visit site
I always shut down Facebook and Instagram. Anything owned or operated by Facebook. I wish they would learn how to be power conservative.

As long as the vast majority of people keep using the apps without complaining, they have no incentive to fix their crappy apps.

Posted via the iMore App for Android

gcardona

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
iOS 11 Developer Beta 1 would present issues with iPad Mini 4. Using the iPad as a test device, if the battery dies and you plug in the device to power it would turn on but not charge anymore than 2 percent and the device would stay on a reboot cycle, while connecting it to iTunes it would allow you to downgrade to 10.3.2, but the device would be showing "No Charging". I installed the beta as an update and then tried again with a factory restored device with the same behavior.

blackmagicwoman

Trusted Member
Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
iOS 11 Developer Beta 1 would present issues with iPad Mini 4. Using the iPad as a test device, if the battery dies and you plug in the device to power it would turn on but not charge anymore than 2 percent and the device would stay on a reboot cycle, while connecting it to iTunes it would allow you to downgrade to 10.3.2, but the device would be showing "No Charging". I installed the beta as an update and then tried again with a factory restored device with the same behavior.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site

s'all good, man.

Status
Not open for further replies.