iOS 11 Dev Beta 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
No, no VPN. Nothing different in fact than a few days ago when I installed iOS 11. It just started doing this two days ago and continues now all the time. You can also see that in battery usage Safari appears at the top all the time now, consuming about 40 of the battery life used at any point in tims. Definitely some runaway process. I'm not too fussed over it. I'll wait until the next update and see what changes. From there I will start aggressively reporting bugs.

Check the battery settings to see whether or not the usage and standby information are identical. If they are then you have a rogue app or setting.

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
Safari is using the most on my device. and I am barely using it. Other then the quirks here and there I can still use it day to day.

huff825

May 22, 2016
Visit site
Re: Your favorite features in iOS 11?

No.

Not trying to be a contrarian here, but people need to get over it.

Actually, it does contain smart invert which is close to dark mode. It is not supposed to invert colors on pictures. I'm testing 11 on a 5s and it sort of works but needs some refinement. It may be a good dark mode at some point. I don't think people need to get over it, the bright white light of settings can be a bit much and I see no reason not to give the option. That being said, I would rather have the ability to set multiple DND. Weekend v weekday, etc.

anon(62000)

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Running fine on my 9.7" iPad Pro. Things work as they normally have. I'm okay with the new app switcher, but not so sure I like the new way of closing apps.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Running fine on my 9.7" iPad Pro. Things work as they normally have. I'm okay with the new app switcher, but not so sure I like the new way of closing apps.

I’m with you there. I know I’ll adjust, but swiping up to close the apps seemed so much easier. Know what I mean?

camaroz1985

Trusted Member
Sep 2, 2016
Visit site
Re: Your favorite features in iOS 11?

Actually, it does contain smart invert which is close to dark mode. It is not supposed to invert colors on pictures. I'm testing 11 on a 5s and it sort of works but needs some refinement. It may be a good dark mode at some point. I don't think people need to get over it, the bright white light of settings can be a bit much and I see no reason not to give the option. That being said, I would rather have the ability to set multiple DND. Weekend v weekday, etc.

Over time smart invert may get smarter to the point it is a true dark mode. I know the longtime Apple users have gotten used to the light/white theme and a lot of them like it, but coming from other platforms I just prefer dark/black. I had it on Windows Phone and use it where ever possible in apps that offer it.

fabio984

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
I just installed beta profile on my iPhone 5S and it's downloading iOS10.3.3 beta2, and not iOS11 beta1. I'm waiting to see if after install it will check iOS11 update.
Edit: it doesn't. Still 10.3.3
Edit2: OK, it's DEV beta...

Last edited:

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I just installed beta profile on my iPhone 5S and it's downloading iOS10.3.3 beta2, and not iOS11 beta1. I'm waiting to see if after install it will check iOS11 update.
Edit: it doesn't. Still 10.3.3
Edit2: OK, it's DEV beta...

Are you sure you downloaded and installed the correct dev beta for iOS 11? Did you get it from the dev site?

jgraves1107

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
I have noticed it gets stuck when you try and move apps inside a folder. Other than that it seems to be stable enough to enjoy. Better than android! Sorry but it needed to be said. I like the way Apple is approaching the new iOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR