iOS 11 Dev Beta 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

iknrisms

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
Anyone using with 6s/6s Plus? or even a 6/6 Plus?

6 Plus and iPad Air 2 here running 11 on both. They both run pretty smoothly (given lag and other bugs expected in the first build) but still usable. The devices seem like they’ll run them smoothly as the betas progress so I say go for it!

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
6 Plus and iPad Air 2 here running 11 on both. They both run pretty smoothly (given lag and other bugs expected in the first build) but still usable. The devices seem like they’ll run them smoothly as the betas progress so I say go for it!

Thanks! Going to upgrade the Air 2 first, then switch to my 6s.

iknrisms

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
I’m sure it’s been addressed but wtf is going on with Notification Center? While I think the icons/setup of control center are wonky it makes sense to access. NC is just clumsy all around

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I’m sure it’s been addressed but wtf is going on with Notification Center? While I think the icons/setup of control center are wonky it makes sense to access. NC is just clumsy all around

One word, first build.
I’ve seen stuff coming and going on the first betas of iOS 10. iOS 11 will not be much different.

miketko

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
Yes, I noticed. But I feel like they missed an opportunity there wherein you simply could drag the screenshot to an open app or conversation on iMessage and drop it there. Now you have to choose share anyway to send it.

I hear you on this. Hoping that features will be added

iknrisms

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
One word, first build.
I’ve seen stuff coming and going on the first betas of iOS 10. iOS 11 will not be much different.

I know it can completely change through the builds but it seems part of the initial goal in 11? And then you have to actually force touch EACH notification to dismiss them?? Again, I get it’s going to change but I’m skeptical that a lot of it will just be “ironed out” and we’ll get stuck with a clumsy swipe down/up/right/reverse reverse combo

Like when group notifications by app just disappeared :/

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
I did a fresh install

This.

Any time there is a large update like this we should always do a clean install of the OS. Sometimes system files can become corrupt when the update install overwrites older files. A clean install of the OS can help prevent most issues when testing betas.

iknrisms

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
Is iMessage iCloud syncing working for anyone? Not working for me. Sync says never even if I manually kick of a sync.

I don’t think it’s enabled yet. I click Sync Now and it’ll start like it’s going to sync and then cancels so I’m assuming it’s not active yet

iknrisms

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
3daa480c395535e49d3aa94261d83b3a.png

Apple Music now shows full artist profile pics (cut-off in iOS 10)

Status
Not open for further replies.