iOS 11 Dev Beta 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

chefjayhawk

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
I like the new handoffs notification. Had phone Messages open, this appears on tablet after opening it.

b97add9a54f02f2a534b266cb4b20234.png

Trooper27

Nov 8, 2015
Visit site
Is anyone able to move icons out of folders to the home screen? Does not appear to be working for me.

I am also unable to log into TestFlight.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I’m finding the iPad 9.7 pro to be pretty buggy but not surprised since it’s a bigger update than the iPhone. Dock disappeared now. The iPhone 7 Plus is way more stable.
9b6f3ac760d7491cc33ffba0d3649a71.png

syphix

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Can't turn OFF hotspot via Control Panel when something is connected. Gotta go through Settings.

That plus the notifications being essentially the lockscreen, notifications being unable to swipe away in the lockscreen, and general sluggishness (especially in the app switcher), it's not a bad beta.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Battery life continues to be great, all of my apps continue to work without any problems, and the slight sluggishness I experienced after installing iOS 11 appeared to have subsided. This is definitely a keeper, and yes, I’m using it on my primary device - iPhone 7 Plus.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Battery life continues to be great, all of my apps continue to work without any problems, and the slight sluggishness I experienced after installing iOS 11 appeared to have subsided. This is definitely a keeper, and yes, I’m using it on my primary device - iPhone 7 Plus.

Still waiting on the sluggishness to subside but I agree, this is a keeper!

JML5150

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
1. Are  pay person to person payments live yet? 2. Is the document scanner feature in Notes iPad only or is it iOS wide.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
The word, “Update” is now appearing next to apps waiting to be updated, therefore, it’s safe to say that iOS 11 has settled in on my iPhone. I’m really enjoying the beta.

Nick Vis

Jan 28, 2015
Visit site
Type to Siri is here, but it is either type or speak, not both. Big miss. No dark mode. No ability to set default apps. No cross-platform iMessage. Basically no improvements to the below-average stock email app. No gestures on keyboard.

Task switching on iPhone got worse. No more 3D touch on the edge to expand recent apps. Most 3D touch interactions are gone. What happened? Was I like the only person to use this and other 3D Touch features? I can't even see the home screen as a card in the task switcher. You either have to aim for a sliver of blank space, or press the home button.

Not liking the trend here at all. Usability seems to have actually gone down. Too much button clicking. Just so I am not a Negative Nancy, I do like where Apple is going with the control center.

>>THIS will stop me from updating to this round of betas. I use 3D touch for recents/task switching, don't use the home button at all. It's such a nice way to use it, I'd hate to lose it. Maybe it comes back...

dejanh

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2015
Visit site
>>THIS will stop me from updating to this round of betas. I use 3D touch for recents/task switching, don't use the home button at all. It's such a nice way to use it, I'd hate to lose it. Maybe it comes back...
This piece is a big loss. I hope it is a bug/oversight to be addressed still. Beyond putting it back, the way it can get better is to put it back and allow the trigger-side to be configured to either left or right side of screen. I pretty much stopped using my button for app switching, until now :straight-face:

bunnyhero

Jun 3, 2013
Visit site
i installed it on my 9.7" iPad Pro. i've run into a bug with the new task switcher: sometimes, pressing the home button while the new exposé-like task switcher is open will return you to a random app that you had open in the past. i plan to file a radar...

but yeah i love the new multitasking overall. there is some sluggishness and jerkiness with some animations, but again, it's the first beta, so not surprising.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Is anyone able to move icons out of folders to the home screen? Does not appear to be working for me.

I am also unable to log into TestFlight.

No issues here. Icons out of folders works for me.

TestFlight works great. Thanks for reminding though. Just updated to the latest IMDb app.

Status
Not open for further replies.