iOS 11 Dev Beta 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

fergie77

Jan 16, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone else noticed their device going through a constant boot loop after install? Mine doesn't seem to like the update, installing via both OTA and through iTunes... (iPhone 6s)

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Have you tried taking a screenshot yet? The screenshot appears in the bottom left corner of the home screen allowing you to edit and save without switching to the Photos app. That’s awesome!

You could edit it in messages directly, which is where I sent most screenshots, but there were times I was going to email it and wanted to eliminate the extra step.
I plan to update today, depending on how this thread goes ;)

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Installed the beta on my iPod 6, iPhone 5S and iPad Air 2. All running pretty decent so far for a beta 1 (I did except some slowness). Took about 30 minutes for my iPod and iPhone to settle down to a useable state but my iPad took like 4 hours but after leaving them overnight they are performing a lot better now. There are a few design changes I like so far but I question a few of them (like combining the lock screen and notification center into one) but overall not a bad update so far.

Jbrown99

Jan 23, 2016
Visit site
Since lockscreen and recents are the same. Can't swipe to clear on the lockscreen. Slides to the camera app ASAP. Ah, beta's. Lol

gdruin74

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
Things I have noticed:
1. When listening to music or podcasts the lock screen widget time slider is not working and it is not tracking time played and time left
2. Audio will pause after a while (turned off hey Siri since that was the issue on the iOS 10 beta but does not seem to completely correct the issue, but does not occur as often)
3. Unless I am missing something, if turn on type to Siri you lose the ability to use voice. Would like the ability to do both without changing settings.
4. Slide to clear notifications does not seem to be there anymore. Hope that is not permanent.

I do like the new accounts tab in settings and the way iCloud Keychain works now.
The customizable control center is a great improvement.
Doesn't seem iMessage in iCloud is working yet but will be great to have when it does.

Last edited:

Jbrown99

Jan 23, 2016
Visit site
Things I have noticed:
1. When listening to music or podcasts the lock screen widget time slider is not working and it is not tracking time played and time left
2. Audio will pause after a while (turned off hey Siri since that was the issue on the iOS 10 beta but does not seem to completely correct the issue, but does not occur as often)
3. Unless I am missing something, if turn on type to Siri you lose the ability to use voice. Would like the ability to do both without changing settings.
4. Slide to clear notifications does not seem to be there anymore. Hope that is not permanent.

I do like the new accounts tab in settings and the way iCloud Keychain works now.
The customizable control center is a great improvement.
Doesn't seem iMessage in iCloud is working yet but will be great to have when it does.

There's a huge long list still. Just did some research, iOS 11 beta bug list. Craziness #betaguineapigs

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
I was really hoping Apple would have removed the grey around the dock and made it transparent. :-(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods