iOS 11 Dev Beta 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ItnStln

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
If it’s your daily driver and you value stability and speed of new and sluggishness, then don’t. Otherwise, there is no reason not to update.
Rumor has it that I'll be getting a company issues iPhone this week, so I might put the beta on it since it's not my daily driver.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I'm wondering if I should read that as iOS 11 will have a file manager like Android, or not.

Never used or had the need to use an android device. I don’t know what it can and can’t do compared to an iPhone.
I’m content with iOS and Apple in general.

In short, I’m not able to answer that question.

SparklyPickle

May 24, 2017
Visit site
I will ask my boss if I can switch to iPhone as they offer either a Galaxy S7 or an iPhone 6s and register as a developer so I can install iOS 11 on it, if apps stay compatible.

Trigati

Sep 1, 2015
Visit site
So there isn't really and change other than renaming the iCloud Drive app to Files, right?

That's a little disappointing, but I'll say that I hope it's still the fact its in beta. PDF Expert from Readdle already does this with iCloud though, so.. yeah. I'm hoping it improves.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone tested the “Hide Alerts” option from within the Messages app?

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
If you want to know if it hides the badge from the app, it doesn’t. It’s just DnD with another name.

It would seem that it’s to prevent any more alerts from a particular person since the option appears when you swipe left in your iMessage list. Is that not the case?

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
It would seem that it’s to prevent any more alerts from a particular person since the option appears when you swipe left in your iMessage list. Is that not the case?

I just noticed that feature of sliding to hide alerts.
But it’s the Do Not Disturb feature from iOS 10 with a different name.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I’ve gotten approximately 4 app updates since installing iOS 11 and the word “Update” did not appear next to the apps waiting to be updated, except when I selected the “Update All” option. After doing that, “Update” appeared for a split second next the those apps. Still, they all updated and are working properly. Gotta love betas....

madman76

Mar 28, 2017
Visit site
No dark mode? What about this?
6ece1f291e7d4a344c5f7e9a28d2172c.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members