iOS 11 person-to-person payments!

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
So its built into the iMessage app which means you don't have to leave that to go to the PayPal app?

Sent from mTalk on my SP4

Basically. If you're in a text conversation with someone you can send them money directly from within that conversation using the Apple Pay iMessage app, from what it sounds.

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
Basically. If you're in a text conversation with someone you can send them money directly from within that conversation using the Apple Pay iMessage app, from what it sounds.

Thanks. That is certainly an advantage, if they have an iPhone.
I guess, to me, its seems its more an adjunct to using PayPal rather than a replacement.

Sent from mTalk on my SP4

camaroz1985

Trusted Member
Sep 2, 2016
Visit site
Except it doesn't touch Paypal's services. It is just like that, but only for Apple/iMessage users. It also won't have the purchase protection that you get with Paypal, but you should only be doing person to person Apple Pay with people you know, so theoretically that wouldn't matter.

anon(4697585)

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
There are strict legal requirements for transferring from one person directly into anothers bank account including restrictions using anonymous details which Apple Pay does.
By using Apple Cash Card Apple doesn't send your bank account details on, rather anonymous Apple Cash Card Ones.
Once the funds are local to you the secure wallet app can access your bank account details and do a direct transfer in.
Safer for everyone, meets legal requirements and handy for kids as you can load an Apple card with funds without them tapping the main bank account.

josepilot81

Sep 11, 2014
Visit site
Correct me if I'm wrong but it appear that you need to recharge a card to do that stuff? Is not possible to do it with your actual Apple Pay card? I don't know for you guys but for me is a little of a hassle if is in that way like paying syatbucks with a prepaid card for your rewards instead of your credit card. Don't you think so?

anon(4697585)

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Correct me if I'm wrong but it appear that you need to recharge a card to do that stuff? Is not possible to do it with your actual Apple Pay card? I don't know for you guys but for me is a little of a hassle if is in that way like paying syatbucks with a prepaid card for your rewards instead of your credit card. Don't you think so?

You can still use your credit card and debit card to pay for goods and services as you do now.

The Apple Cash Card is simply a holding card in addition to your existing Ines and in real life will only be used to hold money you receive from iMessage transfers or in my example where I can load money on to cards for the kids without giving them access to my credit/debit cards.

Matty

Trusted Member
May 24, 2014
Visit site
There are a couple banks locally for me that allow you to send money to family and friends via their App through a EFT method but there is always charges involved and it's not that great.

Having this option built right into the phone not only makes me feel safer about using it but it's also free. 😃 So I'm pretty excited to get this.

All donations to my account are welcome haha jk 😂

bigtruck1369

Sep 14, 2015
Visit site
This is a feature that I'm on the fence on... It seems cool, but I don't know how practical it is for me at this time. In my area, Apple Pay is still rarely enough used that I get comments when I use mine. The kid at McDonald's was pretty excited the other night because he hadn't had anyone use a watch to pay yet, and that's in a pretty affluent small town!

I think it's good to have the means in place, it may just be something that will take longer for wider adoption.

antheocy

Oct 29, 2016
Visit site
sounds like great tech and very easy. but how safe it ? whats involved to set it up ? How quick are payments ? are their charges or commissions?

xtremeled

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
Banks are going to move away from paper and plastic. Its a matter of time. They will do this because fraud is almost built into the system.

Pavel_71

Jun 9, 2017
Visit site
"Technology is not new", no, it's better to say technology has not grown. So they try to introduce it again, maybe it will work.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73