Sell Your Old iPhone For Cash!

What's my iPhone worth?
    Hello all so I just came over from Windows Central for a while and as you all probably know the times for Windows Phone users are getting worse. I would be very thankful if you guys would help me (and potentially other Windows 10 Mobile/Android users) with finding things that make iOS superior to other phone operating systems?
    05-12-2017 12:04 PM
    Hello all so I just came over from Windows Central for a while and as you all probably know the times for Windows Phone users are getting worse. I would be very thankful if you guys would help me (and potentially other Windows 10 Mobile/Android users) with finding things that make iOS superior to other phone operating systems?
    I don't know if I would use the word superior . I think they all have their pros and cons. . I think you need to find out what makes it better for you.

Although, some will disagree with the above statement you do need to make it to help suit your needs. BTW ...there is a lot of things I like about windows OS but unfortunately we are down to two OS's . Pick your poison
    aximtreo and Just_Me_D like this.
    05-12-2017 12:52 PM
    I've never used another platform. It's been iPhone from my first smartphone. But here's what I like. Ease of use, great customer support, OS updates come to everyone at the same time, iMessage and the new features that came with iOS 10, stability, and apps! There's so many really great apps. I do things on my iPhone with apps you simply can't do on other platforms.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    05-12-2017 01:06 PM
    I've never used another platform. It's been iPhone from my first smartphone. But here's what I like. Ease of use, great customer support, OS updates come to everyone at the same time, iMessage and the new features that came with iOS 10, stability, and apps! There's so many really great apps. I do things on my iPhone with apps you simply can't do on other platforms.
    Things like what?
    05-12-2017 01:22 PM
    iOS has more apps that any other platform, it's usually more stable and reliable than any other platform, you are guaranteed updates as soon as they come out for five years from the release of the device (as history shows right now), and the accessibility options are second to none. You really just need to try it for yourself and see what you think, some people just can't handle the closed system and lack of customization and they choose or stay on Android because of it. Even Windows Mobile has more customization of app layout than iOS does.
    kaktus1389 and Just_Me_D like this.
    05-12-2017 01:42 PM
    iOS just works. Period.

Android also worked, when I kept tinkering and tweaking on it.
    05-12-2017 01:45 PM
    Things like what?
    Like apps I use for photoshopping. You can't find apps like Superimpose on Android or other platforms. They all have photo editing, but it's not the same.
    05-12-2017 01:50 PM
    Even Windows Mobile has more customization of app layout than iOS does.
    I would dare to say that regarding customization of app layout Windows 10 Mobile has more options than Android and iOS, but probably looses everywhere else except for security and Continuum.

And is there anything that you guys dislike on iOS?
    05-12-2017 01:54 PM
    I would dare to say that regarding customization of app layout Windows 10 Mobile has more options than Android and iOS, but probably looses everywhere else except for security and Continuum.

I would say the only things I really dislike are the lack of customization options, no home screen widgets, and waiting for Apple to implement features.
    kaktus1389 likes this.
    05-12-2017 02:03 PM

The mail app could use improvement. It works ok, just seems lacking in some ways. But there's plenty of 3rd party mail apps that are nice.
    05-12-2017 02:08 PM
    Like apps I use for photoshopping. You can't find apps like Superimpose on Android or other platforms. They all have photo editing, but it's not the same.
    Wow. That's an awesome app. Thanks for the tip.
    05-12-2017 02:11 PM
    I like the stability of iOS and features like "in app sharing", and "extensions". I like Apple's innovative way to keep iOS apps sandboxed for security, though that they can work together. Much of that is app developer dependent, though many take advantage of these features.
    05-12-2017 03:22 PM
    Wow. That's an awesome app. Thanks for the tip.
    Just bought it too!
    05-12-2017 04:22 PM
    I would highly encourage you to get your hands on a mid range Windows Phone (650 is the best bang for the buck). You don't and I don't suppose you want to replace IOS as your daily driver. My suggestion is based on you never using any other OS. I love the Win 10 Mobile OS. It's the most intuitive OS I have used and I have used all three for quite some time each.

I recently left the WM10 eco system for a 7+. I love the 7+. I just wish I could depend on WM as my daily driver but I can't. The eco system is solid but for one big exception; APPS. For someone that want to make calls, text, FB, Twitter, GPS, great camera, WM10 phone would be good for them. Doing anything like Snapchat, MLB app and many other apps important to most people just isn't possible.

If anyone here that is a many year IOS user and have never tried WM10, I would encourage you to give it a try. Don't buy a low end WM phone, get something in the mid to upper range to get the full potential of WM10.
    kaktus1389 likes this.
    05-12-2017 07:51 PM
    Just bought it too!
    It's a great app. But for the record I found it on the android App Store as well.
    05-13-2017 02:39 PM
    It's a great app. But for the record I found it on the android App Store as well.
    Link?
    05-13-2017 03:50 PM
    Link?
    Just search for superimpose in the play store jackd. It's the first result. Let's you do some very cool pic edits.
    Carjackd likes this.
    05-13-2017 04:13 PM
    Just search for superimpose in the play store jackd. It's the first result. Let's you do some very cool pic edits.
    Got it - Thx Grover!
    grover5 likes this.
    05-13-2017 04:17 PM
    No problem. I hope you like it!
    05-13-2017 04:18 PM
    Judging by some of the reviews in the Google PlayStore, it seems like an entirely different app.
    05-13-2017 10:51 PM
    Judging by some of the reviews in the Google PlayStore, it seems like an entirely different app.
    Very well could be. I'd have to try it to know.
    05-13-2017 10:55 PM
    I've been a smartphone enthusiast since 2011. That was when I got my my first smartphone and knowing nothing about them, in my mind it was get the iPhone that looks amazing that everyone I know has or get the ugly as sin Galaxy S3. That was it in my mind for a good smartphone. So I got an iPhone.

Jump forward to 2017 and I've had multiple windows phones, Androids (everything from a nexus 4, to an HTC m7, to a Motorola DROID ULTRA, and my ex had a galaxy s4) and a while back I've basically never even thought about getting a non iOS device as my daily driver. Why have I done this? Well there are a couple of a reasons. I'll try and state the reasons from most to least important. And these are just my opinions.

So first of all it's just that iOS will work the same 99% of the time. Meaning no matter what device you get, iOS will run smoothly, be fast and snappy, be lag free 98% of the time for however long you have your device. Now if you upgrade the software on older hardware it may have some hiccups but if you ran the closest OS to when your device came out that's stable (meaning that if you have a 6 for example and ios8 was crap but iOS 8.0.2 was the first update that was basically bug free then stay on that) for the whole time you kept your device, it'll fair better than any Android doing this. Maybe nexus'/the pixel will be good but take Samsung for example. Even 6 months after release my friend's galaxy s7 feels slower and more sluggish overall than when it wasn't brand new. This has never happ no to me with iOS.

Second is battery life. Every time Apple releases a new phone and I think about getting it (even if I know deep down I won't), battery life is never something I feel like I will never be sacrificing. Now if you (anyone in general) went from say an iPhone 6+ to a 7 obviously battery life will suffer but I don't think in the future the battery between a 7 and an 8, 8 vs 9, 9 vs 10 etc... will ever really be much worse. Now this is obviously because of two things. Apple makes the software and hardware so it can be opmtimzed especially since Apple makes its own SOC unlike Android where every brand has different hardware AND Their own software. The second is that they don't put in displays with crazy high pixel density and at my normal viewing distance I've never thought that a 4.7 inch iPhone with barely a 720p screen has never seemed not sharp enough and the battery life I get is more than worth it. Especially since any iPhone with a 5"+ screen in the current form factor is just too damn big.

Third is the camera. I like knowing that when Apple releases a new phone it will always be able to take a super fast, super good photo 99.9% of the time. The best photos on a smartphone? That is debatable but the pics from an iPhone in good lighting will almost always be much better than average.

Now some people will be more than willing to put up with the negatives of Android in order to have the choice of features each android phone has (HTC used to have Boomsound, Samsung's infinity display, motorola's attachments etc...) or just the things Android does different than iOS general like the ease of use of their file system, the customization, Android's notifications etc... but for me, if I'm buying a expensive phone and am going to use it everyday, I just want a phone that can last, has a good camera, and will be snappy for the duration that I have the device.

However I will say that while I actually love Apple's design language for the most part (**** the stock podcast app though lol), every time I see material design I drool a little.

Oh and I forgot to add that I like being able to update the software as soon as Apple releases it.

Phew. Sorry for this long winded reply but I hope it is helpful.

no home screen widgets,

I don't understand this. I mean on Andriod you literally have to be on the home screen in order to see your widgets. On iOS you can see thm no matter what app you're in. And say on Android you had a widget on a third home screen. You'd have to go home and swipe twice where as on iOS you'd just have to go homget and swipe over once.
    kaktus1389 likes this.
    05-15-2017 01:14 AM
    Hey @kaktus1389, always nice to see people from other sites. The first thing, which I think is important to say is that IOS isn't 'superior' than any other OS. It's just different and provides different features that may appeal to more people

The first thing that stands out for me is performance and speed. Everything is fluid and apps load really quickly.

I like having less than 1 million settings available to me. While some customization is nice, keeping things simple is sometimes better

The next would be support. Apple like support their devices for as long as possible and it's so nice to have a 3+ year old phone and you still get all the latest software.

The last thing would be how nicely the iPhone works with the MacBook Pro and iPad. So it's a combination of all these things and more which make it a great OS but it's definitely not without its draw back.
    Last edited by Matty; 05-15-2017 at 02:05 PM.
    kaktus1389 likes this.
    05-15-2017 01:02 PM
    Thank you all for your replies!
    I will need some clarification though, are there any app compatibility issues between iOS versions or the OS version doesn't have anything to do with the apps?

I know that Android has (or at least used to have when I was on Android - Froyo lol) limitations for OS upgrades and for app compatibility. Windows 10 Mobile can run Windows Phone 8.1 apps but it doesn't work vice versa.

Also, if you were to buy an iPhone today, which one would you buy and why?
    05-15-2017 02:06 PM
    Thank you all for your replies!
    On behalf of those who responded, you're very welcome...
    I will need some clarification though, are there any app compatibility issues between iOS versions or the OS version doesn't have anything to do with the apps?

I know that Android has (or at least used to have when I was on Android - Froyo lol) limitations for OS upgrades and for app compatibility. Windows 10 Mobile can run Windows Phone 8.1 apps but it doesn't work vice versa.

Also, if you were to buy an iPhone today, which one would you buy and why?
    Seldomly, because a majority of devs update their apps to be used with the latest iOS version, and Apple is cracking down on outdated apps.
    kaktus1389 likes this.
    05-15-2017 02:41 PM
28 12