iOS vs the competition

kaktus1389

May 12, 2017
Visit site
Hello all so I just came over from Windows Central for a while and as you all probably know the times for Windows Phone users are getting worse. I would be very thankful if you guys would help me (and potentially other Windows 10 Mobile/Android users) with finding things that make iOS superior to other phone operating systems?

Carjackd

Trusted Member
Dec 4, 2013
Visit site
Hello all so I just came over from Windows Central for a while and as you all probably know the times for Windows Phone users are getting worse. I would be very thankful if you guys would help me (and potentially other Windows 10 Mobile/Android users) with finding things that make iOS superior to other phone operating systems?

I don't know if I would use the word superior . I think they all have their pros and cons. . I think you need to find out what makes it better for you.

Although, some will disagree with the above statement you do need to make it to help suit your needs. BTW ...there is a lot of things I like about windows OS but unfortunately we are down to two OS's . Pick your poison

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I've never used another platform. It's been iPhone from my first smartphone. But here's what I like. Ease of use, great customer support, OS updates come to everyone at the same time, iMessage and the new features that came with iOS 10, stability, and apps! There's so many really great apps. I do things on my iPhone with apps you simply can't do on other platforms.

kaktus1389

May 12, 2017
Visit site
I've never used another platform. It's been iPhone from my first smartphone. But here's what I like. Ease of use, great customer support, OS updates come to everyone at the same time, iMessage and the new features that came with iOS 10, stability, and apps! There's so many really great apps. I do things on my iPhone with apps you simply can't do on other platforms.

Things like what? ;)

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
iOS has more apps that any other platform, it's usually more stable and reliable than any other platform, you are guaranteed updates as soon as they come out for five years from the release of the device (as history shows right now), and the accessibility options are second to none. You really just need to try it for yourself and see what you think, some people just can't handle the closed system and lack of customization and they choose or stay on Android because of it. Even Windows Mobile has more customization of app layout than iOS does.

kaktus1389

May 12, 2017
Visit site
Even Windows Mobile has more customization of app layout than iOS does.
I would dare to say that regarding customization of app layout Windows 10 Mobile has more options than Android and iOS, but probably looses everywhere else except for security and Continuum.

And is there anything that you guys dislike on iOS?

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I would dare to say that regarding customization of app layout Windows 10 Mobile has more options than Android and iOS, but probably looses everywhere else except for security and Continuum.

I would say the only things I really dislike are the lack of customization options, no home screen widgets, and waiting for Apple to implement features.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

The mail app could use improvement. It works ok, just seems lacking in some ways. But there's plenty of 3rd party mail apps that are nice.

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site

I like the stability of iOS and features like "in app sharing", and "extensions". I like Apple's innovative way to keep iOS apps sandboxed for security, though that they can work together. Much of that is app developer dependent, though many take advantage of these features.

aximtreo

May 24, 2011
Visit site

I would highly encourage you to get your hands on a mid range Windows Phone (650 is the best bang for the buck). You don't and I don't suppose you want to replace IOS as your daily driver. My suggestion is based on you never using any other OS. I love the Win 10 Mobile OS. It's the most intuitive OS I have used and I have used all three for quite some time each.

I recently left the WM10 eco system for a 7+. I love the 7+. I just wish I could depend on WM as my daily driver but I can't. The eco system is solid but for one big exception; APPS. For someone that want to make calls, text, FB, Twitter, GPS, great camera, WM10 phone would be good for them. Doing anything like Snapchat, MLB app and many other apps important to most people just isn't possible.

If anyone here that is a many year IOS user and have never tried WM10, I would encourage you to give it a try. Don't buy a low end WM phone, get something in the mid to upper range to get the full potential of WM10.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro