Screen switch off apps.?

Apr 20, 2017
Visit site
I have a new iPhone 7 (my first iPhone).
I am getting extremely irritated with the auto-off delay for the screen. I set the delay to (for example) 5 mind in Settings. However, screen goes semi-dark after 30 secs, and full dark at one minute. (Battery has plenty of charge)
Assuming that there is no other setting or option in IOS to fix this, is there a third party app that permits to manage this?

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Welcome to iMore! :)

The 5 minute delay should do the trick. Just tested with mine and it works as it should. Have you tried rebooting?

Apr 20, 2017
Visit site
Yes, tried a reboot, but still the same.
The dark out only happens when the phone is showing one of the home screens (page of app icons). Does not happen in-app (that would be a major problem).
But my iPad Air running same 10.3.1 and set to same 5 min auto-off does not dark out early, even on home screen.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Yes, tried a reboot, but still the same.
The dark out only happens when the phone is showing one of the home screens (page of app icons). Does not happen in-app (that would be a major problem).
But my iPad Air running same 10.3.1 and set to same 5 min auto-off does not dark out early, even on home screen.

Do you have battery "Low Power Mode" on? That would cause autolock to set at 30 seconds.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711