I'm the type of person who goes through each and every setting / option / menu on my devices and apps because I want to know what's there and what it does. I also do it in an attempt to control how much of my info is shared. What about you?
    AppleKarma likes this.
    04-24-2017 06:36 PM
    I don't pay much attention to what info is shared, except for on Facebook. But I do go through every app and it's setting to see what there is and what I can do.

The last time when I revisited the settings from all my apps was when my Unlimited Go plan from T-Mobile started, 3 months ago.

I disabled every data limit setting there was and am enjoying the internet to the fullest extent when I'm out and about.
    Last edited by Tartarus; 04-24-2017 at 08:07 PM.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    04-24-2017 07:33 PM
    I don't pay much attention to what info is shared, except for on Facebook. But I do go through every app and it's setting to see what there is and what I can do.

The last time when I revisited the settings from all my apps was when my Unlimited Go plan from T-Mobile started, 3 months ago.

I disabled every data limit setting there was and am enjoying the internet to the fullest extent when I'm out and about.
    I kinda did that. Even toggled WiFi Assist on!
    Tartarus likes this.
    04-25-2017 12:35 AM
    I do go through and check every niche and corner of my phone and apps. And they all can be sneaky with updates. My 6s Plus is still on iOS 10.1.1. So to see anything new on the OS, I look on my old iPhone 5.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    04-25-2017 12:50 AM
    I go through them all when there's a system or app update.
    04-30-2017 10:57 AM
    I do it on initial setup and I might check privacy settings for location services when I install a new app
    04-30-2017 11:00 AM
    After an iOS update and if I remember after installing a new app or an updated app

Good Luck
    mumfoau likes this.
    04-30-2017 02:46 PM
    Depends on the app and what it can do. Even then, many apps only have a page or two of settings to check, so doesn't take long.
    04-30-2017 02:52 PM
    It depends. But most of the time I don't pay too much attention to it.
    05-13-2017 07:25 PM
    Very very occasionally. Usually only when new settings are added, then it's just saved to my backup so I don't need to go through them all again.
    05-13-2017 07:34 PM
    I go through mine a couple times a month, just to check on things.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    05-13-2017 08:06 PM
    Hardly if ever on apps. In iOS when there's an update.
    05-13-2017 09:58 PM
    I'm the type of person who goes through each and every setting / option / menu on my devices and apps because I want to know what's there and what it does. I also do it in an attempt to control how much of my info is shared. What about you?
    I'm the same way.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    05-13-2017 10:12 PM
    I go through them occasionally and when I travel. I shut down location services and background app refresh when out of the country.
    09-02-2017 11:45 AM
    I plan to do it with the General Release of iOS 11. Sounds like a really useful exercise.
    09-07-2017 08:44 PM
    I go through them occasionally and when I travel. I shut down location services and background app refresh when out of the country.
    How does turning off Background App Refresh help?
    09-07-2017 09:14 PM
    I do when there's an iOS update or a new app wants permission.
    09-07-2017 09:41 PM
    I'd assume it would cut down on data use by the app. When roaming that would help cut costs.
    09-08-2017 12:06 AM
    I'd assume it would cut down on data use by the app. When roaming that would help cut costs.
    Apps still run in the background without Background App Refresh. All BAR does is help apps run in the background more efficiently, using less resources. Why not just turn Cellular off when traveling? Use wifi where you can.
    09-08-2017 10:08 AM
    Apps still run in the background without Background App Refresh. All BAR does is help apps run in the background more efficiently, using less resources. Why not just turn Cellular off when traveling? Use wifi where you can.
    Ok…let me get this straight - using BAR actually saves battery?
    09-08-2017 11:45 PM
    I’ll usually take a quick run through settings when I install a new app just to make sure there isn’t anything I want changed. Luckily Apple makes most of those decisions for us so there usually isn’t much to worry about.

Every once in a while I’ll audit my privacy and notification settings just to make sure things are as I like. I can’t stand being pestered with useless notifications!
    09-09-2017 06:56 AM
    I had to turn off background app refresh on my kindle app, not sure if it was stuck or something but it was killing my battery. Blew threw my apple battery case and my phone was down too 37% in a matter of four hours.
    09-09-2017 07:44 AM
    Yes I do as well. My iPhone is set up the way I like it so I rarely change those settings, but I'm constantly "tweeking" apps, because I have quite a few that I like to keep up to date, and with all the updates this is a must for me. I like to download new apps (free ones), to see if their worth keeping or if their better than a similar app that does the same thing only better. Some I keep and some I get rid of or see if their worth me buying. This is a constant thing for me and with so many apps in the Apple App Store, I find it FUN to see whats good and whats not.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    09-09-2017 11:08 AM
    Yes I do as well. My iPhone is set up the way I like it so I rarely change those settings, but I'm constantly "tweeking" apps, because I have quite a few that I like to keep up to date, and with all the updates this is a must for me. I like to download new apps (free ones), to see if their worth keeping or if their better than a similar app that does the same thing only better. Some I keep and some I get rid of or see if their worth me buying. This is a constant thing for me and with so many apps in the Apple App Store, I find it FUN to see whats good and whats not.
    I used to install quite a bit apps to test, but I don’t have the time nowadays. I still test a few on occasion, but I don’t hoard them and I rarely keep any apps installed that are not being used.
    Spencerdl likes this.
    09-09-2017 11:27 AM
    I used to install quite a bit apps to test, but I don’t have the time nowadays. I still test a few on occasion, but I don’t hoard them and I rarely keep any apps installed that are not being used.
    Yes, it does require time. I usually do it on those sleepless nights...LOL
    09-09-2017 11:40 AM
30 12