iPhone 6 or 6s Jailbroken, "Erase All Content and Settings" STUCK UNABLE TO RESTORE

Apr 21, 2017
Visit site
Okay! I have literally jailbroken and restored at least 10 iPhones successfully and i have NEVER had this much trouble. Excuse the oncoming rant. :)

I've been trying to fix this damn thing for OVER A MONTH. No exaggeration.

So, my S.O. let me jailbreak his phone. It went fine. It was jailbroken almost two years. The jailbreak was on iOS 8.2.1 I believe. Weeeeeeell, He decided to 'Erase All Content and Settings' from his phone when it came time to trade it in. GUESS WHAT?! Now, the freakin' thing is stuck in recovery mode(with the little itunes symbol and the charger) and I have tried LITERALLY EVERYTHING.

♥I have tried to just hook it up and let itunes 'do it's thing', and have literally gotten EVERY. SINGLE. ERROR. CODE. there is known to this software.
♥I have tried to just manually restore the phone by downloading the appropriate update and pressing shift+restore to choose it myself. NO luck.
♥I have completely turned off all of my computer's security software, THEN tried to restore it, still getting an error.
♥I have ejected the iPhone, backed up, updated, and synced another phone, ejected it, then tried this jank pos again, STILL DIDN'T WORK.
♥"try switching computers and then trying to restore it" ------
♥Any forum, any suggestion you can find on google, I HAVE TRIED.

****Let me save you some questions and answer them ahead of time, I am using a windows computer. All of the software is to date. I live in a rural area in po-dump Mississippi, the closest apple store is at least 3 1/2 hours away. I've already asked my phone carrier if they could do something, they said no. I have used two different wifi's, two different computers, switched the usb ports, switched the cords, used only Apple cords, read EVERY. SINGLE. TIP. on Apple's website. Literally just gonna pull my hair out ok.****

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, Here I am. I made the username for obvious reasons. Made the account just for this thorn in my side. I just want to restore the phone so I can sell it. That's all. Someone please help me. I am to the point where if someone can post what to do and it works, i'll literally find a way to send you like $25 just for typing the answer to this ongoing headache.

Thank you, for reading my rant, and for post ANY additional suggestions, whether or not they work.

Last edited:

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
It is my understanding that using the "Erase All Contents and Settings" option in a jail broken iPhone is a no-no. Still, typically putting the device in DFU mode and restoring via iTunes fixes the problem, but you sometimes have to do it a few times to get it to take.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
FYI I've moved this thread to our jailbreaking subforum. We have some members that specialize in this area. Hopefully one of them will see your question and provide an in-depth response.

Ariel Babalao

May 8, 2014
Visit site
1.) download the latest IPSW (iOS firmware) for your iPhone version into your computer or in your iTunes.
2.) put iPhone in DFU mode (Google about how to put iPhone in DFU mode)
3.) connect iPhone to your computer with the usb cable, fire up your iTunes, wait until iTunes detect your iPhone in recovery mode (when iPhone is in DFU mode, iTunes think it's recovery mode anyway). Once detected, restore the ISPW which you have previously download into your computer.
It should work.
Good luck.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro