iOS 10.3.3 Developer Beta 2 is now available

Status
Not open for further replies.

lightning8888

May 30, 2015
Visit site
Re: iOS 10.3.2 Developer Beta 4 available

You are right. It is not fixed. I updated to iOS 10.3.2 beta 4 and now appears not fixed. Frustrating.

I know this is going to sound really crazy but has anyone looked under the hood so to speak at the photo extensions to see if there's something going on there? I see forums where some things are loading and some not all on same page. for example Jpeg vs jpg or something weird like that. Just a thought.
78b2bdb06e3c0ea0ef4abdf5fbaf3d6d.png

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site

I know this is going to sound really crazy but has anyone looked under the hood so to speak at the photo extensions to see if there's something going on there? I see forums where some things are loading and some not all on same page. for example Jpeg vs jpg or something weird like that. Just a thought.//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170426/78b2bdb06e3c0ea0ef4abdf5fbaf3d6d.png

It's another issue that has to do with how the images were loaded into the forum. The [ ATTACH ] tag vs the [ IMG ] tag. This has been issue throughout all of 10.3. You can see all the images online now. Last I heard, a fix is being worked on for the apps.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
iOS 10.3.2 Developer Beta 4 available

I know this is going to sound really crazy but has anyone looked under the hood so to speak at the photo extensions to see if there's something going on there? I see forums where some things are loading and some not all on same page. for example Jpeg vs jpg or something weird like that. Just a thought.//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170426/78b2bdb06e3c0ea0ef4abdf5fbaf3d6d.png

If you want a slightly more technical answer. The [ IMG ] tag is a tag used for web links to images, such as linking to imgur or Tapatalk's hosting site. Whereas the [ ATTACH ] is mostly used for direct inline images uploaded directly from a computer, you can use a web link with the tag as well. The images I post that don't show up were direct from my MacBook. The underlying issue being that the [ ATTACH ] generates another page for the images that uses HTTPS, and there is some issue with images loading into the forums using HTTPS. As I said, the issue is fixed on all web browsers. Tapatalk and the iMore Forums app (which uses a basic form of Tapatalk), has to be sorted out by Tapatalk's developers and the fixed has to be implemented into a Tapatalk update and new version of their plugin and forum building tool (used for the iMore Forums app) has to be released. So for the apps it's a matter of waiting on the Tapatalk developers to patch the issue and release the fix.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

If you want a slightly more technical answer. The [ IMG ] tag is a tag used for web links to images, such as linking to imgur or Tapatalk's hosting site. Whereas the [ ATTACH ] is mostly used for direct inline images uploaded directly from a computer, you can use a web link with the tag as well. The images I post that don't show up were direct from my MacBook. The underlying issue being that the [ ATTACH ] generates another page for the images that uses HTTPS, and there is some issue with images loading into the forums using HTTPS. As I said, the issue is fixed on all web browsers. Tapatalk and the iMore Forums app (which uses a basic form of Tapatalk), has to be sorted out by Tapatalk's developers and the fixed has to be implemented into a Tapatalk update and new version of their plugin and forum building tool (used for the iMore Forums app) has to be released. So for the apps it's a matter of waiting on the Tapatalk developers to patch the issue and release the fix.

I'm on TapaTalk beta. I don't think it's a TapaTalk issue. I don't see it at all. They just updated TapaTalk to what I have on beta. Does it occur on other forums, or is it just on iMore?

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site

I'm on TapaTalk beta. I don't think it's a TapaTalk issue. I don't see it at all. They just updated TapaTalk to what I have on beta. Does it occur on other forums, or is it just on iMore?

All of MoNa's sites and other forums that use the use protocols. I don't know the exact details of the issue. I know MoNa is working on some updates, that could potentially fix the issue, Tapatalk may be able to fix it server side on their end. If you look at any of my reviews in Tapatalk, the images shouldn't load. Not unless Tapatalk fixed the issue in a current beta.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site

*sigh* Tapatalk isn't exactly known for their fast work regarding issues.
This could be a long wait is all I'm saying.

Agreed, unless some of the things MoNa is updating fixes it. That's all I'm hoping for ha ha. All because of a change Apple put into iOS and macOS.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

All of MoNa's sites and other forums that use the use protocols. I don't know the exact details of the issue. I know MoNa is working on some updates, that could potentially fix the issue, Tapatalk may be able to fix it server side on their end. If you look at any of my reviews in Tapatalk, the images shouldn't load. Not unless Tapatalk fixed the issue in a current beta.

I checked several threads that have images, including your reviews, on TapaTalk beta and the iMore forums app. They all show fine. No clue. I'm on iOS 10.1.1. 6s Plus.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
iOS 10.3.2 Developer Beta 4 available

I checked several threads that have images, including your reviews, on TapaTalk beta and the iMore forums app. They all show fine. No clue. I'm on iOS 10.1.1. 6s Plus.

You're on iOS 10.1.1 that's why. This error is due to change Apple made with iOS 10.3. I know it has to do with HTTP vs HTTPS and using the [ ATTACH ] vs the [ IMG ]. It will be fixed in time.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: iOS 10.3.2 Developer Beta 5 available

Oh dang...I wasn't expecting an update today, but I'll take it...:)

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site

I believe MoNa dev's are working on fixing it for apps. All images show up online now, even on iOS.

That's great for Mobile Nations but other forums will still have an issue.

Exactly

This happened with 10.3. I can see everything fine on my iPad but pics are broken in various forums on both my iPhones (beta & non).

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site

That's great for Mobile Nations but other forums will still have an issue.

Exactly

This happened with 10.3. I can see everything fine on my iPad but pics are broken in various forums on both my iPhones (beta & non).

Images are fixed in Tapatalk for me, iMore Forums App is still broke. Hopefully they are all fixed soon.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

You're wrong! They're constantly working on TapaTalk. But sometimes the issue is like with the forum plug in. The broken images apparently don't happen in other non MobileNations forums.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site

You're wrong! They're constantly working on TapaTalk. But sometimes the issue is like with the forum plug in. The broken images apparently don't happen in other non MobileNations forums.

@nikkisharif may disagree with that statement.

I definitely disagree!!! I can't see all pics in Bimmer or Purse Forum. It's not just a Mobile Nations issue. I'm just now checking the forums after a week so I'll let y'all know if there's been any changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234