iOS 10.3.3 Developer Beta 2 is now available

Status
Not open for further replies.

mbar9607

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
re: iOS 10.3.2 Developer Beta 4 available

I'll admit. I'm beta'd out. I'm sitting out this point fix update.

i agree, it's crazy they have all these betas and still so many issues. i don't see why hey can't just get these issues fixed and have a stable reliable version of ios with out having new betas every 2 weeks.

ladyc0524

Trusted Member
Dec 8, 2010
Visit site

I still see broken images also. I'm at the point where I just don't care really. It'll get fixed eventually, I hope!

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site

I agree. How can there be a bug fix of an OS that was just released? Why not squash those bugs and then release the OS as a final? These seem to be betas just for the sake of being betas.

Well, with this update there were a ton of security updates. I'd rather have the security updates than wait for every single bug or known security issue to be patched. Updates will never come if we wait for perfection, since bugs and security exploits are always being found.

donnation

Trusted Member
Mar 19, 2012
Visit site

Well, with this update there were a ton of security updates. I'd rather have the security updates than wait for every single bug or known security issue to be patched. Updates will never come if we wait for perfection, since bugs and security exploits are always being found.

The update or the beta just released? There can't be that many pressing security features being patched in a beta as it won't be released for several weeks to the public.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site

The update or the beta just released? There can't be that many pressing security features being patched in a beta as it won't be released for several weeks to the public.

You asked how can there be a bug fix to an update that was just released, and why not wait and release those bug fixes as final? If Apple waited to release 10.3 to fix any bugs fixed in this beta, that would have meant that people on 10.2.1 and earlier would have had to wait even longer for a very long list of security patches.

Since Apple doesn't seem to notify when beta releases contain security patches, it's possible, if not probable, that there are a few security patches that will be part of the next stable release that are being tested with this beta.

I'm also assuming that Apple has some sort of list of features that they are developing that are on an internal calendar of release candidates - i.e., a feature like Clips, which perhaps requires some sort of functionality that is part of the 10.3 release. Maybe 10.3.2 is testing something that will be used for a future enhancement rather than fixing any bugs in 10.3?

lightning8888

May 30, 2015
Visit site

I think the main reason I'm running these betas is the hope that one of them fixes the broken images. Not happening so far.

I'm running on a iPhone 6 and seeing images okay. Sometimes there is a lag but for most of the time they are loading fine for me on these betas.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site

I see a lot of forums showing images but on that particular one you sent it's showing broken link on images in it. That's the first time i have seen that happen on my device.

That's the issue I'm talking about. With Mobile Nations sites and some other forums, if you post photos online using their image hosting then the images are broken. However some other image hosting doesn't seem to be affected, such as when people post directly using Tapatalk.

lightning8888

May 30, 2015
Visit site

Can you see the images here?

Here is what I see on iphone 6 app verses browser .
8d766b46ec5605418e9a8be5415a317d.jpg
8cf29cc78345ab48439488609a561db9.jpg

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

i agree, it's crazy they have all these betas and still so many issues. ...
So many issues? What are the "many" issues you're referring to, if you don't mind me asking?

matt3166

Sep 3, 2014
Visit site

I don't do the betas but 10.3 just came out. When did 10.3.1 hit? I didn't see one thing one it

lightning8888

May 30, 2015
Visit site
iOS 10.3.2 Developer Beta 1 available

I been thinking about the broken image senario....I wonder if its a photo type issue where one system is uploading one format verses another method using another type...or did this beta leave out a type under the hood.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site

I been thinking about the broken image senario....I wonder if its a photo type issue where one system is uploading one format verses another method using another type...or did this beta leave out a type under the hood.

Not sure, it's been an issue since iOS 10.3 beta 2 and I've submitted 4 different bug reports to Apple about it. I'm even using macOS betas on my MacBook and have no issues with images. I really wish I knew what the issue was in particular so I could tell Apple what to go fix.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site

Not sure, it's been an issue since iOS 10.3 beta 2 and I've submitted 4 different bug reports to Apple about it. I'm even using macOS betas on my MacBook and have no issues with images. I really wish I knew what the issue was in particular so I could tell Apple what to go fix.

I'm having the same image issue on Safari since the Sierra update a couple of days ago. I had to switch to Chrome in order to see images on Mobile Nations sites.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW