IOS Photo sharing/photo stream

Merkur1

Nov 20, 2016
Visit site
Hi,
I would like to turn off photo sharing/streaming on my iPhone and iPad. Can anyone give me (or direct me to) consise directions for saving the photos to my devices before turning the service off? The more I read on 'sharing' the less I trust it....especially since, for reasons I do not understand, you are told that if you turn it off you will 'lose all the (shared/streamed) picutures on the device'??? So, if I take pictures with my phone, share them with the iPad,then turn off shareing I lose the pictures on BOTH devices? Info on the net is contridictory and confusing. On the Apple site the instructions were to 'Select..Open...Save'... one photo at a time! Is there a better way? I want to remove my photos from this 'service'.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Rene Ritchie

Old Man Ritchie
Jan 12, 2007
www.about.me
Not sure this is an "Ask Rene" question so much as a general Apple question. I'm more about sharing opinions here and not really smart enough to do tech support, lol. Don't hesitate to ask that kind of stuff in the general forums, you'll likely get help much faster.

My guess is, attach a cable and copy photos off to your favorite photo app. Then you should be gold.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
As far as I know, on Photo Sharing, you tap a photo > Tap the share arrow in the lower left corner > then tap on each photo you want to save > then tap the save option. If you marked 10 photos, it will say "save 10 photos". Don't know if there's a limit.
I don't think you can save a photo shared by someone else.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen