It's amazing to me that Apple can't get Bluetooth right in iOS 10

donnation

Trusted Member
Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
I've had BT issues with both a 6 and 6s and my Garmin GPSs since OS10.
You are not alone. As I originally stated, I can get Bluetooth to work, it's just not as smooth as it was in IOS 9 or how it works with Android (at least for me). I know it's not my stereo because it works perfect with iOS 9 and also with Android. None of these issues popped up until iOS 10.

Not Quite Right

Trusted Member
May 11, 2013
Visit site
Zero problems with connecting to my aftermarket Sony car stereo, my wife's Pioneer car stereo, my Plantronics Legend pro, my Watch, and Various BT speakers & boomboxes with a iPhone 6s Plus. To be fair I don't have any problems connecting with my Nexus 6p, Nexus 6 either...

MooMooPrincess

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
My 2011 Infiniti has tons of issues with iOS 9/10 Bluetooth but my 2010 chevy cobalt has 0 issues, I think it's just the software car manufacturers use and if it's not updated

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
My 2011 Infiniti has tons of issues with iOS 9/10 Bluetooth but my 2010 chevy cobalt has 0 issues, I think it's just the software car manufacturers use and if it's not updated

I tend to agree (my earlier post re our cars).

Just the different Bluetooth speakers and earphones we have vary with the same phones.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I am running 10.3 b4 on an iPhone 7 plus and my 2009 VW CC connects to my phone as soon as I start the car. No issues at all.

Jezza23

Jul 11, 2015
Visit site
I've got an iPhone 5 running on iOS 10.3 Beta 4 as weell and my Bluetooth seems to be working fine; I use it for the music and in the car and I've had no problems whatsoever

purwater

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
I too had many Bluetooth problems after the iOS 10 update on my 6S Plus. I went through several full restores and set up as a new phone with each iOS update. The problems never went away. Mine would even lock up when trying to make a call on Bluetooth. Finally did a tech support chat with apple and they sent me a replacement phone. The new phone is flawless with Bluetooth. The funny thing was that my original 6S Plus was flawless on iOS 9 but never quite right once iOS 10 was installed. Maybe apple will replace your 7 Plus to fix your issues.

donnation

Trusted Member
Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
I too had many Bluetooth problems after the iOS 10 update on my 6S Plus. I went through several full restores and set up as a new phone with each iOS update. The problems never went away. Mine would even lock up when trying to make a call on Bluetooth. Finally did a tech support chat with apple and they sent me a replacement phone. The new phone is flawless with Bluetooth. The funny thing was that my original 6S Plus was flawless on iOS 9 but never quite right once iOS 10 was installed. Maybe apple will replace your 7 Plus to fix your issues.

Worth a try. Thanks!

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site

I was going to suggest that @donnation see if someone they know might have an identical phone and give it a try. Sounds like it may be a hardware issue.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox