Need help with problems posssibly relating to storage.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Ohhhhhh.... Just looked. None of them seem to have notes enabled.

Now, since we determined this, you simply have to remember which account you used to store your Notes in.
You can enable them one by one to see if they appear.
After figuring out which one it is, disable Notes for the other accounts to prevent them getting scattered all over your accounts and you'll be good to go.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Wintermelon43

Feb 22, 2017
Visit site
Now, since we determined this, you simply have to remember which account you used to store your Notes in.
You can enable them one by one to see if they appear.
After figuring out which one it is, disable Notes for the other accounts to prevent them getting scattered all over your accounts and you'll be good to go.

Let us know if you have any questions.

My storage is still at 0 GB. Is it even gonna show up in that case? Or delete itself again?

And where will notes appear?

And final question: Am I able to delete my emails without possibly getting rid of my notes?

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
My storage is still at 0 GB. Is it even gonna show up in that case? Or delete itself again?

And final question: Am I able to delete my emails without possibly getting rid of my notes?

1• Did you ever restart your iPad since starting this thread?

2• Notes should appear in the Notes app.

3• Yes, you are able to delete emails without deleting the notes

Last edited:

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

If Notes is on in settings, it should show in the Notes app. If Notes is off in settlngs, they should show in the Notes folder in Mail of that account. Deleting emails won't get rid of the Notes, as long as they are not what you delete

Wintermelon43

Feb 22, 2017
Visit site
Are you looking at iCloud storage, or the phone storage?

Ipad storage. Not the Cloud.

Edit:

Another question: if I bought a new Ipad, would I be able to backup the files and put them on the new Ipad (With more storage) despite this glitch, or would I not be able to?

Last edited:

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
For the storage issue, you'll need to delete stuff. Upload photos to Box or Dropbox, then delete from the camera roll. Check the "deleted photos" album and delete those. Delete messages in the messages app. How much music is offline on the phone? Delete apps you don't need. You should be able to set up a new iPad with your back up.

Wintermelon43

Feb 22, 2017
Visit site
For the storage issue, you'll need to delete stuff. Upload photos to Box or Dropbox, then delete from the camera roll. Check the "deleted photos" album and delete those. Delete messages in the messages app. How much music is offline on the phone? Delete apps you don't need. You should be able to set up a new iPad with your back up.
Sorry for the late reply, I was on vacation and couldn't get this page to load.

Anyway, I HAVE been deleting stuff. Literally nothing gives me a single storage space back. I have looked in usage and purposely deleted stuff that uses a lot of storage. It doesn't matter though. It stays at 0 GB and doesn't go back up.

Also, I'm aware that I should be able to set up a new Ipad with a back up. My question is if I CAN back up my Ipad now. The fact that it is stuck on 0 GB worries me, since now I'm not sure if I will even be able to back it up.

Wintermelon43

Feb 22, 2017
Visit site
So I just tried to get back my notes, and it didn't work. The first account said I needed to make an icloud email account to enable notes, the second didn't bring anything back.

Last edited:

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
So I just tried to get back my notes, and it didn't work. The first account said I needed to make an icloud email account to enable notes, the second didn't bring anything back.

From all you have said, it's difficult to know exactly what all is going on. My advice is contact Apple Support and let them guide you on the phone. Were your notes set to "on my iPhone"? If so, that doesn't sync to anything. Set Notes to iCloud in the future.
Apple Support
http://expresslane.apple.com/

Website
https://forums.imore.com/e?link=htt...F%2Fwww.apple.com%2Fcontact%2F&token=4XhRULwA

iPhone Support
https://support.apple.com/iphone

Apple Support Number:
(800) 275-2273

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711