Anyone else getting bored with iOS?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2016
Visit site
I find myself lately becoming bored with iOS in general. I have debated on moving to android, but I am not sure I like how segmented android is. I think apple for the next iPhone needs to revisit what made this operating system great to begin with. I think I am gonna need something big I am afraid for me to stay with iOS. What you think? The lack of individuality on iOS needs to change. You can change the case and your wallpapers but that's about it. Let me in!!!! Okay that's my rant. Let me know what you guys think. My first post. Lol

akutch34

Trusted Member
Aug 31, 2015
Visit site
Long time Android user who switched to iOS in Oct 2015. Can't say I've gotten bored yet. With my Samsung phones I'd always get bored and upgrade every 6 months or so.... just not having that problem here on iOS. Loving it.

Jan 31, 2017
Visit site
I take your point, the issue is that most people just don't care that much about the subtle personalization that you're referring to. I don't crave it enough to switch on that basis alone let's put it that way.

kurpaige

Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
Once they let you in you'll get bored with that too. iOS does everything you need done and post people that like it they like that they don't have to switch keyboards and messaging apps every few months. Everything works and gets out of your way to allow you to use the apps and enjoy the experience

JaggValor

Aug 29, 2016
Visit site
I got bored myself a couple of months back. Ended up trading my Apple Watch series 2 for an S7 Edge. Now I can have the best of both worlds... For now, I am enjoying the wireless, fast charging on the S7 Edge and I also am loving Samsung Pay!

njlx2016

Jun 2, 2015
Visit site
Have you seen some of the godawful ways people customize their phones in the jailbreak / custom ROM community? The vast majority of themes are gaudy or just plain ugly.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
At times, I get bored with its overall look, but I also realize that it's as should be without making the user experience complicated.

Bazza1

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
Yes, the OS (and iPhone) is boring, and it's getting awfully long in the tooth from those days when they clearly 'reimagined' the PalmOS running on the TX (circa 2005) for the iPod Touch, and then shifted that to the iPhone. 'Bells and whistles' and hidden 'features' seem to be the go-to in lieu of anything Insanely Great (or even intuitive), but thankfully, someone talked Jobs off the ledge early on - when he wanted only Apple apps run on the thing. So at least 3rd Party providers are attempting to make it more useful than it was ever intended. But Boring 'R Us remains, in spite (or because) of Ive.

But it (mostly) works as intended, and, while fairly bland, corporate and soulless, y'know, sometimes IIABDFI (If It Ain't Broke...)

Oct 25, 2016
Visit site
Yeah I am seeing all the points and I think given a month with and android I would wanna buy an iPhone back. At these things aren't cheap we know that.

It's kinda like a [redacted] on a moped. They are fun to ride, but you wouldn't want your friends seeing you. Anyways I have decided against going with and android for now. Unless something mind blowing comes out.

Plus not to mention I am addicted to world of tanks and it plays so smooth on the iPhone 6s Plus.

Last edited by a moderator:

Alex_Hong

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
I think it depends on what you're looking for. To me iOS looks good enough for me to not want to mess around with it. It's how it works that keeps an iPhone as my main device most of the time.

I do test a lot of Android phones too, and I prefer pretty much only the stock Android look. The only customization I'm doing on other Android phones is to make it look as close to stock as possible.

If you're into theming the phones, changing icons every now and again, then sure, Android can do that for you. If you want something not too segmented, and an experience that is closest to iPhone, the Pixel is a great choice. There are things on Android that are done better than iOS.

I prefer the look of stock Android more, but I prefer how things works on iOS more. In the end I need the phone to work better rather than look better. So it's really up to you to decide.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
No, I'm still enjoying iOS the way I have been. The updates are enough for me and the new features are mostly welcome (if not I don't use them).

Could there be other more exciting things? Sure :) But nothing I'm going to lose sleep over.

anon(4697585)

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
I understand the idea of getting bored and I do admit that I get a little fed up of things once in a while but then I change my wallpaper and get over it.

I had a HTC One for years and got bored of that too

wilber1

Trusted Member
May 13, 2013
Visit site
Back in my BlackBerry days I would get bored and change my sim to a different phone every couple of days but with ios the phones are similar and expensive to own however with ios we get frequent updates and the device seems to just keep working well so some think it is boring remember the old saying " be careful what you ask for " .

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
I think iOS is fine the way it is. I like that I can get things done rather than spend time figuring out where stuff has moved to with this version or update.

Status
Not open for further replies.