Anyone else getting bored with iOS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seneca09

Mar 10, 2018
Visit site
Again, who is this for? I actively use an iPhone.

Unless you have forgotten why you are using your iPhone let me remind you

giphy.gif

To agree with iOS being boring and outdated is like saying I saw a cat riding a unicorn today…

giphy.gif

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
And @Seneca09 to add to your list, and one of the reasons my main SIM is in my Android, Apple still throttles the hell out of the cellular modems. Same carrier, same SIM type, same location, iPhone is unusuable, Android is useable. Since this is an area I actively need a useable for work, I am simply unable to use my main SIM in an iPhone again until Apple corrects this.

Seneca09

Mar 10, 2018
Visit site
And @Seneca09 to add to your list, and one of the reasons my main SIM is in my Android, Apple still throttles the hell out of the cellular modems. Same carrier, same SIM type, same location, iPhone is unusuable, Android is useable. Since this is an area I actively need a useable for work, I am simply unable to use my main SIM in an iPhone again until Apple corrects this.

Yes because by throttling it prolongs the battery life. You can also turn off and disable the throttling. In your case it’s your location that suits your needs. Android is your solution but don’t say iOS is boring and outdated. Your frustration is not working.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Yes because by throttling it prolongs the battery life. You can also turn off and disable the throttling. In your case it’s your location that suits your needs. Android is your solution but don’t say iOS is boring and outdated. Your frustration is not working.
That has nothing to do with why I feel iOS is boring and increasingly feeling outdated. You can stop putting words in my mouth right now. And no you cannot adjust the cellular modem settings on an iPhone. Nice try.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Furthermore your logic about battery life is flawed as your phones drains more battery trying to find a network to connect to than it would to be connected to a network.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
You whine a lot about nothing
Indeed, nothing is exactly the problem because Apple throttles network connection.
Why do you feel iOS is boring and outdated?
To start, don't put words in my mouth. I said increasingly outdated, not totally outdated. There is a difference. For one, Springboard. It is still exactly the same as it always has been with all the same limitations. The App Library is a nice start, but needs to allow the user to make adjustments or create their own groups. There is virtually no personalization with iphones without ridiculous workarounds that are limited again by Springboard. Having at a glance notifications from anywhere is pretty standard everywhere except iOS. Pulling down the notification tray is an action, not at a glance. Such system wide things as app overlays, useful for some notification/messaging, as well as other app functions. These are just a couple of things. It's late, so I am going further at this time. I have to wake up in a few hours.

Seneca09

Mar 10, 2018
Visit site
Indeed, nothing is exactly the problem because Apple throttles network connection.To start, don't put words in my mouth. I said increasingly outdated, not totally outdated. There is a difference. For one, Springboard. It is still exactly the same as it always has been with all the same limitations. The App Library is a nice start, but needs to allow the user to make adjustments or create their own groups. There is virtually no personalization with iphones without ridiculous workarounds that are limited again by Springboard. Having at a glance notifications from anywhere is pretty standard everywhere except iOS. Pulling down the notification tray is an action, not at a glance. Such system wide things as app overlays, useful for some notification/messaging, as well as other app functions. These are just a couple of things. It's late, so I am going further at this time. I have to wake up in a few hours.

Me too it is time for bed

giphy.gif

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Believe it or not, people can actually be a fan of tech rather than one singular company or ecosystem. I'm sorry if you are unable to understand that. I'm sorry if it hurts your feelings that someone can both use and have negative things to say about Apple on an Apple-centric site. I am well in the Apple ecosystem with an Apple TV, apple watch, MacBook Pro, iPad Pro, and iPhone. To say that I'm forced to use an iPhone or anything is both wrong and shows the lack of reading comprehension that we've gone over already. My main SIM is in an Android because Apple still throttles network connections, which is absolutely unacceptable when I need to use my phone for work. So I use the phone that does work where I need it to. I'm not rehashing anything already stated, I won't talk in circles.

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Believe it or not, people can actually be a fan of tech rather than one singular company or ecosystem. I'm sorry if you are unable to understand that. I'm sorry if it hurts your feelings that someone can both use and have negative things to say about Apple on an Apple-centric site. I am well in the Apple ecosystem with an Apple TV, apple watch, MacBook Pro, iPad Pro, and iPhone. To say that I'm forced to use an iPhone or anything is both wrong and shows the lack of reading comprehension that we've gone over already. My main SIM is in an Android because Apple still throttles network connections, which is absolutely unacceptable when I need to use my phone for work. So I use the phone that does work where I need it to. I'm not rehashing anything already stated, I won't talk in circles.

Right….you find the iPhone outdated and buy one anyway.

giphy.gif

Seneca09

Mar 10, 2018
Visit site

You are the one going in circles…

giphy.gif

iOS is not increasingly boring or increasingly outdated. Don’t come on an Apple-centric site, and take out your frustration that is a CARRIER NETWORK related issue and not Apple, and a mere small isolation problem you are having.

Apple doesn't limit cellular data throughput on its devices — there's both no incentive for them to do so, and any traffic management is better off done in the packet core of the respective network operator rather than on devices.

What else do you expect how we will react?

giphy.gif

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
You are the one going in circles…

giphy.gif

iOS is not increasingly boring or increasingly outdated. Don’t come on an Apple-centric site, and take out your frustration that is a CARRIER NETWORK related issue and not Apple, and a mere small isolation problem you are having.

Apple doesn't limit cellular data throughput on its devices — there's both no incentive for them to do so, and any traffic management is better off done in the packet core of the respective network operator rather than on devices.

What else do you expect how we will react?

giphy.gif
I just can't keep repeating myself. When the only difference is the phones, the phone is the issue, not the network. This was a big problem back in the day when AT&T iPhones had better signal so they throttled them. Now Apple uses the worse modem for all iPhones to keep them the same. Know your history. I don't care if you don't think iOS is boring or increasing outdated. This thread asked the question if anyone else is getting bored with iOS. I answered. You get incredibly defensive because my opinion differs from your own. It shows an inability to accept that others can have different opinions. Grow up. I think iOS is boring. That has nothing to do with the modem in the iPhone. Keep up.

grover5

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
I just can't keep repeating myself. When the only difference is the phones, the phone is the issue, not the network. This was a big problem back in the day when AT&T iPhones had better signal so they throttled them. Now Apple uses the worse modem for all iPhones to keep them the same. Know your history. I don't care if you don't think iOS is boring or increasing outdated. This thread asked the question if anyone else is getting bored with iOS. I answered. You get incredibly defensive because my opinion differs from your own. It shows an inability to accept that others can have different opinions. Grow up. I think iOS is boring. That has nothing to do with the modem in the iPhone. Keep up.

I haven’t heard of this modem issue before. My iPhones have always been as fast or faster than my android phones on T-Mobile. Do you have any links? I’m very curious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods