I just can't keep repeating myself. When the only difference is the phones, the phone is the issue, not the network. This was a big problem back in the day when AT&T iPhones had better signal so they throttled them. Now Apple uses the worse modem for all iPhones to keep them the same. Know your history. I don't care if you don't think iOS is boring or increasing outdated. This thread asked the question if anyone else is getting bored with iOS. I answered. You get incredibly defensive because my opinion differs from your own. It shows an inability to accept that others can have different opinions. Grow up. I think iOS is boring. That has nothing to do with the modem in the iPhone. Keep up.
    Never heard anyone claim that Qualcomms x55 or x60 modems were the industries “worse modem” (I think you meant worst).

Talking about circles, since you claimed “apple throttles their modem.”

Could you provide your source for “apple throttles their modems”
    Seneca09 likes this.
    01-04-2022 11:06 AM
    I haven’t heard of this modem issue before. My iPhones have always been as fast or faster than my android phones on T-Mobile. Do you have any links? I’m very curious.
    https://appleinsider.com/articles/16...ith-intel-chip

https://www.iphoneincanada.ca/news/a...ualcomm-modem/

https://www.phonearena.com/news/Appl...-model_id87984
    Tartarus and omniv0re like this.
    01-04-2022 11:10 AM
    I haven’t heard of this modem issue before. My iPhones have always been as fast or faster than my android phones on T-Mobile. Do you have any links? I’m very curious.
    01-04-2022 11:13 AM
    Umm this is years ago, old news. At any rate, Apple will only do this with their current iPhones by a carrier’s request.

Last edited by Seneca09; 01-04-2022 at 12:23 PM.
    01-04-2022 11:17 AM
    Deep breaths everyone!!! It seems that this is becoming heated and a tad too personal.
    Spencerdl and omniv0re like this.
    01-04-2022 11:23 AM
    Three articles about the iPhone 7 from 2016

Unless you are using an iPhone 7, no need to make stuff up.
    Seneca09 likes this.
    01-04-2022 11:35 AM
    Apple and the carriers have implented coding to purposely slow down or limit the data speeds the device can achieve… iPhones are very complex devices with a very complex OS.

The OS eats much more data, even when in idle mode, than most phones on the market. So by carrier request, Apple limits devices to “even out” the network, even if it means Galaxy users out perform Apple devices by such large scales.
    It also depends on where you live that your iPhone will be less productive like in your case. Remember, carriers play a big part in this as well. I happen to live in a good cellar service area and get excellent coverage. My iPhone even though it may be purposely slow down, I don’t notice it one bit.
    omniv0re likes this.
    01-04-2022 12:11 PM
    It’s seems logical that different people with different phones in different places can have different experiences and opinions.
    Apple isn’t your grandma. No need to defend the billion dollar company.

Tartarus and omniv0re like this.
    01-04-2022 12:11 PM
    It’s seems logical that different people with different phones in different places can have different experiences and opinions.
    Apple isn’t your grandma. No need to defend the billion dollar company.

[IMG=400x244]https://media4.giphy.com/media/lX22d3irD6CPK/giphy.gif[/url]
    I love my Grandma a trillion times

TgeekB likes this.
    01-04-2022 12:26 PM
    Grandmas rule!
    Seneca09 and omniv0re like this.
    01-04-2022 12:31 PM
    When an Android user realizes it should of stayed with Apple…
    [IMG=480x267]https://media0.giphy.com/media/l41YmZCIFDTJqdvQk/giphy.gif[/url]
    Should've or should have.

I'll let myself out.
    TgeekB, Seneca09 and Tartarus like this.
    01-04-2022 01:45 PM
    Should've or should have.

I'll let myself out.

Last edited by Seneca09; 01-06-2022 at 05:31 AM.
    Ledsteplin likes this.
    01-04-2022 02:26 PM
    Skimming the comments it's very clear so many here have not used Android at all in the past few years and hold on to crazy notions from a bygone era. Sure, Android is still segmented, but it's not like it used to be. Many manufacturers are giving 3-5 years of updates now. Android One is a slimmer variant for cheaper phones that is guaranteed updates directly from Google for 3 years. The Pixel is much like iPhone in that it bypasses the carriers and gets updates directly from Google as well. For 3-5 years. Android has matured greatly and many features are part of the base code of Android now, so there are fewer differences implemented by the manufacturers.

As for the question of the thread. Yes, iOS is an incredibly boring and increasingly outdated OS.
    I have a work-issued Google Pixel phone(cellular portion is disabled) and it's a pretty good little device. With that being said, if I were to ever go back to Android, the Pixel would definitely be my first choice as of now, but I don't plan on leaving the iPhone anytime soon. I enjoy my iPhone, I like iOS and I really like the Apple ecosystem. It is a great experience for moi...
    Annie_M and omniv0re like this.
    01-08-2022 09:32 AM
    Apple and the carriers have implented coding to purposely slow down or limit the data speeds the device can achieve… iPhones are very complex devices with a very complex OS.

The OS eats much more data, even when in idle mode, than most phones on the market. So by carrier request, Apple limits devices to “even out” the network, even if it means Galaxy users out perform Apple devices by such large scales.
    It also depends on where you live that your iPhone will be less productive like in your case. Remember, carriers play a big part in this as well. I happen to live in a good cellar service area and get excellent coverage. My iPhone even though it may be purposely slow down, I don’t notice it one bit.
    I don’t have a whole lot to add to this discussion, but if Apple were throttling mobile performance on their phones, this definitely does not show. And I do have an Intel modem iPhone for good measure.

This is more around 4.5x my home Internet download and 2x the upload speeds.

If anything, I think that your mobile carrier implemented throttling to protect their infrastructure and to play within their limited frequency allocations.

Seneca09 and grover5 like this.
    01-08-2022 04:13 PM
    I don’t have a whole lot to add to this discussion, but if Apple were throttling mobile performance on their phones, this definitely does not show. And I do have an Intel modem iPhone for good measure.

This is more around 4.5x my home Internet download and 2x the upload speeds.

If anything, I think that your mobile carrier implemented throttling to protect their infrastructure and to play within their limited frequency allocations.

[IMG=473x1024]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20220108/c560596585d5bf1e6ebe8d202c51ecc5.jpg[/url]
    I’m done with this thread, but I’m just going to reiterate one point that for some reason everyone is ignoring. Exact same SIM card type. R15, for standalone 5G. Exact same carrier, exact same location, exact same time, exact same everything except iPhone and not iPhone. One is useable, one is not. There is no carrier throttling, the network is covered in the area, the iPhone is unable to get useable signal while the Android can. It’s that simple.
    omniv0re likes this.
    01-08-2022 05:42 PM
    I’m done with this thread, but I’m just going to reiterate one point that for some reason everyone is ignoring. Exact same SIM card type. R15, for standalone 5G. Exact same carrier, exact same location, exact same time, exact same everything except iPhone and not iPhone. One is useable, one is not. There is no carrier throttling, the network is covered in the area, the iPhone is unable to get useable signal while the Android can. It’s that simple.
    Heck, I’ve seen with my own eyes where one iPhone would get a signal and another held by a different person in the same location couldn’t so I don’t doubt your claim.
    omniv0re likes this.
    01-08-2022 06:25 PM
    Some topics just cannot be discussed here, since we are in an Apple-centric forum with loads of frantic fanboys hungry for self-assurance. But just to not stay silent, yes, I observe exact the same here in Brazil, with 4 different carriers. Same SIM, same network, iPhone and Fold3, Samsung always have better signal and speed. iPhone 12 Pro Max. Curious thing, though: my old iPhone X had a lot better reception than this one, in a par with Fold3. Two friends say the same in regard of its equipment. I don't know why, though.
    omniv0re likes this.
    01-09-2022 05:15 AM
    I have a work-issued Google Pixel phone(cellular portion is disabled) and it's a pretty good little device. With that being said, if I were to ever go back to Android, the Pixel would definitely be my first choice as of now, but I don't plan on leaving the iPhone anytime soon. I enjoy my iPhone, I like iOS and I really like the Apple ecosystem. It is a great experience for moi...
    No doubt. When I was using Android the last several years were all Pixel. The rest seem like a sea of mediocrity.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    01-09-2022 06:58 AM
    Heck, I’ve seen with my own eyes where one iPhone would get a signal and another held by a different person in the same location couldn’t so I don’t doubt your claim.
    It does seem strange. I don’t know enough about radio signals to give an answer but it does seem tolerances should be tighter than that. What about them could be so different?
    01-09-2022 06:59 AM
    Found this on android central:

iPhone 486 Mbps
    Pixel 91 Mbps

grover5 likes this.
    01-11-2022 10:44 AM
    It does seem strange. I don’t know enough about radio signals to give an answer but it does seem tolerances should be tighter than that. What about them could be so different?
    It could be as simple as there is simply no available channels for the second device on that tower. Without knowing the exact situation, including the carrier-side, there is no way of knowing
    grover5 and scruffypig like this.
    01-11-2022 08:58 PM
    Seems even hardcore pixel users cannot recommend the pixel 6

There were also a bunch of pixel users switching to the iPhone because of it.

01-12-2022 09:35 AM
    Just don’t bring up anything that discredits his opinions….like iPhone sales .

Android users are always emotional when they have to buy and use iPhones.

[IMG=300x300]https://media1.giphy.com/media/1BXa2alBjrCXC/giphy.gif[/url]
    I see that you still haven't grown up yet.
    omniv0re likes this.
    02-09-2022 12:44 PM
    Took you a whole month to come up with that.

Troll somewhere else.
    02-09-2022 01:26 PM
    Took you a whole month to come up with that.

Troll somewhere else.
    Ok, please be polite. It’s time to move on.
    doogald and omniv0re like this.
    02-09-2022 01:51 PM
229 ... 78910