Anyone else getting bored with iOS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I'll agree. The OS itself is boring. But that's fine for me. It does everything I need it to do and overall it makes my life simpler by being a part of the entire Apple ecosystem. So although it is boring, what it does offer is enough to keep me around. Honestly, after using Android for years that got boring as well.

kilofoxtrot

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
If iOS would allow you to place your icons exactly where you want them instead of forcing you to fill from top to bottom. It would go along way, in my opinion, in making iOS look the way you want it to look.

Its a simple idea..... but it would give you a chance to make your home screen more custom.

SprSynJn

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
Never felt bored with iOS, just frustrated at times. But my iPhone 7 has really been impressive so I'm perfectly fine where I am at the moment.

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
I think it is good to "shake things up" every once in a while, so try out an Android phone. My suggestion would be to get a Pixel phone, so you'll be guaranteed to get the monthly Android updates.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
No. I had Android for six years before switching to iPhone in fall 2015. One thing that no Android phone never had was a Samsung Store, Motorola Store, HTC Store, Google Store, or LG Store (at least anywhere near me) where I could bring my phone in for repair. I've already had my iPhone 6s battery replaced by Apple at the local Genius Bar for free because Apple recalled it. Meanwhile, people with the Droid Turbo 2 had issues that had to be repaired and it took weeks for Motorola to repair the phone after it was sent in, and these phones continue to have battery charging issues that have no recall - they just keep getting refurbished replacements until the warranty expires.

I'll take "boring" iOS over that level of support until something changes (and then I doubt still that I will go back.)

MrLamarkB

Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
A the end of the day i need my phone or ipad to work for me... I never gotten bored... when I have time to get bored i might change my wallpaper but I change wallpapers maybe every three months. That's about how much downtown (bored) I have lol

anon(4697585)

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
If iOS would allow you to place your icons exactly where you want them instead of forcing you to fill from top to bottom. It would go along way, in my opinion, in making iOS look the way you want it to look.

Its a simple idea..... but it would give you a chance to make your home screen more custom.

Agreed. I've got so many pics I can't use as wall paper because an app covers a face or logo and looks wrong.

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
I work with Apple and Android - I'm in enterprise IT admin. For me it's tool vs toy vs getting bored or having a desire to tweak and play. The Apple OS runs my important apps, and in several cases for our enterprise runs apps not available or superior.

There have been times when I enjoyed Android customization and it's something some of my associates and users love to do so the OP's post is legitimate.

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
No. I had Android for six years before switching to iPhone in fall 2015. One thing that no Android phone never had was a Samsung Store, Motorola Store, HTC Store, Google Store, or LG Store (at least anywhere near me) where I could bring my phone in for repair. I've already had my iPhone 6s battery replaced by Apple at the local Genius Bar for free because Apple recalled it. Meanwhile, people with the Droid Turbo 2 had issues that had to be repaired and it took weeks for Motorola to repair the phone after it was sent in, and these phones continue to have battery charging issues that have no recall - they just keep getting refurbished replacements until the warranty expires.

I'll take "boring" iOS over that level of support until something changes (and then I doubt still that I will go back.)

I find it a bit strange you are using Motorola (actually Lenovo, who is known for terrible customer service) and using it to broad brush all of Android. Yes, depending on the manufacturer the support can vary widely. It is part of why I recommend Google phones, such as the Pixel. In my case, I had a 6 month old Nexus 5 in which the digitizer became cracked, but not the screen. While I suspect it was my fault, as I had the phone in my front pocket while crouching down (I heard a crack), Google sent me a new phone as a replacement, under warranty -- and I did not have any type of extended warranty. I had it the next day and sent my damaged phone back in the case provided.

So, yes, you can't get walk in service but, depending on the manufacturer, you can get outstanding service with some Android phones.

cbreze

Dec 6, 2014
Visit site
I've been on Android for years and a few months ago switched to iOS again for a trial. Still here. I think I was burnt out on Android and tired of all the tweaking that is available. No wonder my battery life was crap. Was always fiddling with it. I like my iPhone 7 as it just works well as it should and for what I need with no tweaking once set up. I've tried to go back to my HTC 10 a few times but it never lasts for more than a day before I start tweaking it and I miss the smaller compact size of my 7. And that brings me to another plus for me personally I don't get all the phablet rage. I had 3 and got tired of carrying around a roofing shingle in my pocket all the time. The compact 7 slips into a shirt pocket so easily and don't even know it's there. If Verizon would offer a compact android device I';d probably give it a shot because Android is, well pretty sweet really, but my 7 is sweeter at the moment and a keeper. So I am a fan of both platforms.

libra89

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
After using it exclusively for a month, I was so happy for the month to come to an end for me. To be fair, I didn't hate it, it was fine. I realized that I like that with my iPhone in particular, I don't have to think. I just use it and that's nice, but yeah I do get bored. When I get bored, I usually switch. I kind of wish that there was more personalization but I think if I was forced to use one, I would lean that way for sure.

RobertP1

Trusted Member
Apr 14, 2016
Visit site
I can understand being bored with it. I always have an Android around to tinker with. The best part of IOS is that it just works!! It does everything that I need or want. The apps are mostly fantastic and while it would be nice to customize a little more. I could not seeing living without it

Jbrown99

Jan 23, 2016
Visit site
Agreed. I've got so many pics I can't use as wall paper because an app covers a face or logo and looks wrong.

This were you leave the first page blank or a few apps and put all your apps on the second page, to get by. Seen this trick many of times in screenshot thread.

golfinggod

Nov 26, 2016
Visit site
iOS itself might not be the most exciting but what you can do with it is incredible. Get some new apps downloaded and you might change your perspective.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro