iPhone 5 & iOS 10

Millerlake

Feb 17, 2014
Visit site
My wife and I each have a iPhone 5 running iOS 9.3.5. I tried jumping to iOS 10 for a couple of days but each day the update drained my the phone's battery to zip overnight and it took a couple of hours each morning to charge the battery back up so I downgraded back to the 9.3.5.

Do you recommend upgrading to the new iOS 10 version ? I'm sitting on the fence and am having trouble trying to decide as I know there is now no retreating back to version 9 if it doesn't go well.

Many thanks for your thoughts.

Larry

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Personally, I would upgrade to the latest iOS version my device could withstand. Having said that I'm not understanding how iOS 10, in and of itself is depleting your battery overnight. I'm assuming you're not using it during that time. Also, when do you charge your iPhone? Many of us charge ours overnight. Anyway, I would go through each and every device and app setting to make sure they are set accordingly. Furthermore, make sure all of your installed 3rd-party apps are updated to work with iOS 10. A rogue app can quickly deplete the battery, in my experience.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
iPhone 5 & iOS 10

I have iOS 10.2.1 on my 5. It seems to do well. The battery is about gone in it anyway. But I haven't noticed any unusual drain due to 10.2.1. I use my 6s Plus mostly.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro