Developer 10.3 Beta 7 Available

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chuck_IV

Apr 12, 2016
Visit site
re: Developer 10.3 Beta 2 Available

Not doubting any of what you're experiencing, I'm just not having any issues on 6s plus. Hope Beta 2 fixes you right up.

Wow, consider yourself lucky then. I am on a 6s Plus and have had several issues, the main one being, when updating apps, sometimes it will slow to a crawl and I'll get stuck in the App store and not able to get back to the home screen. A hard restart is required.

I've also had a couple occurrences of not being able to wake the phone up, again requiring a hard restart.

Sure betas have bugs, but they are usually nagging/annoying type bugs. This is by far, the worst beta I have experienced with regard to show stopping bugs.

tsparks1

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site

Wow, consider yourself lucky then. I am on a 6s Plus and have had several issues, the main one being, when updating apps, sometimes it will slow to a crawl and I'll get stuck in the App store and not able to get back to the home screen. A hard restart is required.

I've also had a couple occurrences of not being able to wake the phone up, again requiring a hard restart.

Sure betas have bugs, but they are usually nagging/annoying type bugs. This is by far, the worst beta I have experienced with regard to show stopping bugs.

Agreed, now having the same problems you are experiencing, hope to see beta 2 real soon!

mark-d

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site

I've had the App Store update issue on my iPad mini 3 running the beta but I've not experienced it on my 6s running the same beta

njlx2016

Jun 2, 2015
Visit site
Re: Developer 10.3 Beta 2 Available

Does anyone know if it includes new theater mode?

If it wasn't part of 10.3 from the beginning, I highly doubt that they would include it now.

The "Theater Mode" hype is a product of the rumor mill gone wild and would take it with a grain of salt.

trparky

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site

How is the stability when compared to that of Beta 1? Beta 1 was, as I have heard in both this thread and the public thread, is a buggy mess. Hopefully Beta 2 isn't quite so... bug filled.

tsparks1

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site

Haven't had time to play with beta 2 much yet but can already tell App store is now working smoothly

C6TX6

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site

NFL app does not work on 10.3. Both of my 10.3 devices (iphone 7 plus and ipad pro 12.3) instantly FC this app! My other 7+ running 10.2.1 runs it no problem. Thank goodness Fox was streaming the bowl live yesterday. Crisis averted. ;)

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site

Installed on all of the things and so far so good!

mistaskee

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site

Question if I get the developer beta updates for my phone how come I'm not greeting them for my Apple Watch?

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site

How is the stability when compared to that of Beta 1? Beta 1 was, as I have heard in both this thread and the public thread, is a buggy mess. Hopefully Beta 2 isn't quite so... bug filled.

I don't share that opinion. It worked quite well on my 7Plus, without any hiccups.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site

Question if I get the developer beta updates for my phone how come I'm not greeting them for my Apple Watch?

You have to install the profile for your watch too. Please check the instructions on your developer account.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

Beta 1 was rock solid on my iPhone, and thus far, beta 2 appears to be as well.

ladyc0524

Trusted Member
Dec 8, 2010
Visit site

Beta 2 seems to have fixed the Apple Pencil charging bug. The widget on my iPad Pro would indicate that it's charging but the percentage stayed the same on Beta 1

Status
Not open for further replies.