App updates repeat and iCloud question

jrdatrackstar1223

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
I think this started with iOS 10, but when I go to the app store and check for updates, and there are updates, I update the app but it doesn't stick. What I mean is I will update the app, close the app store and the updated app will have a blue dot next to it (indicating it updated). I will then go back to the app store (maybe 10 mins later) and then see a pending update for the same app that I had just updated. Does anyone else have this issue?

Also, another bug (perhaps iOS 10) that I was wondering if anyone had an answer for is when I set my iCloud to manual instead of push (or start Battery Saver Mode, which should disable push), email still pushes through on iCloud as if it is still set on push. I've had to turn off iCloud Mail, but I was wondering if this could perhaps leads to battery drain of some sort since it appears something is wonky with my iCloud account.

Both of these have occurred on 2 different iPhone SEs, so I think it is software related. I am on 10.2.1 but it has been happening since iOS 10.1 IIRC.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I think this started with iOS 10, but when I go to the app store and check for updates, and there are updates, I update the app but it doesn't stick. What I mean is I will update the app, close the app store and the updated app will have a blue dot next to it (indicating it updated). I will then go back to the app store (maybe 10 mins later) and then see a pending update for the same app that I had just updated. Does anyone else have this issue?

Also, another bug (perhaps iOS 10) that I was wondering if anyone had an answer for is when I set my iCloud to manual instead of push (or start Battery Saver Mode, which should disable push), email still pushes through on iCloud as if it is still set on push. I've had to turn off iCloud Mail, but I was wondering if this could perhaps leads to battery drain of some sort since it appears something is wonky with my iCloud account.

Both of these have occurred on 2 different iPhone SEs, so I think it is software related. I am on 10.2.1 but it has been happening since iOS 10.1 IIRC.

Try the following:

1. Reboot your iPhone.
2. Sign out of the iTunes & App Store, reboot, and then sign back in to the iTunes & App Store.
3. Reset the "Network settings" or reset "All Settings".

jrdatrackstar1223

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
Thanks, I'm restoring back to 10.2.1 from 10.3 Beta 1 anyway, so hopefully what you've suggested will work. I've hesitated doing this because I lose my Apple Pay and my bank will not verify my card anyway due to so many hard resets and iCloud sign-outs (Old National Bank is terrible).

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro