Remove shared reminders?

JobSteves

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
My mom just got her first iPad so I added her to my family sharing plan so she could have Apple Music.

However I use Siri to set reminders all the time and every time I set a reminder in automatically goes into the shared reminders folder.

Is there a way to turn this off?

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
In settings / reminders, is "family" set as the default location for new reminders? I don't use Siri for reminders, but, if it is, what happens if you switch it to your private reminders list?

JobSteves

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
In settings / reminders, is "family" set as the default location for new reminders? I don't use Siri for reminders, but, if it is, what happens if you switch it to your private reminders list?

Thank you for your help but upon googling I think that reminders doesn't have a default location so therefore the default location is the family sharing tab/forums. So I guess I can't use Siri for reminders without it automatically going into that folder/location.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
My phone has a "default list" in settings / reminders. It was set to family when I just checked it. Try changing that and see if Siri places reminders in your private list.

JobSteves

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
My phone has a "default list" in settings / reminders. It was set to family when I just checked it. Try changing that and see if Siri places reminders in your private list.

Thank you so much! I didn't realize that you could set up a different default list under settings. You are a life saver.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Thank you so much! I didn't realize that you could set up a different default list under settings. You are a life saver.

It brings up an interesting point. If you create a family plan in iTunes, it creates a shared family reminders list and makes that the default without asking you. That should be a choice. Like you, I don't want to share my reminders with the rest of my family.

JobSteves

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
It brings up an interesting point. If you create a family plan in iTunes, it creates a shared family reminders list and makes that the default without asking you. That should be a choice. Like you, I don't want to share my reminders with the rest of my family.

Exactly and it's weird that Apple doesn't have shared notes.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR