iOS 10 Bugs and Problems - report them here!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Not sure if this is a bug or a persistent cookie or something from iMore, but when you go to Settings → Safari → Advanced → Website Data, then select "Remove All Website Data" and "Remove Now", all items disappear. However, if you go back and select "Website Data" again, iMore.com will reappear. Even if you select "Clear History and Website Data" beforehand, the results are the same. The only way to rid that section of iMore.com is to swipe left on iMore .com and then select "Delete". I recall someone else reporting the same thing in a different thread a while back, but I don't recall the thread topic.

njlx2016

Jun 2, 2015
Visit site
Not sure if this is a bug or a persistent cookie or something from iMore, but when you go to Settings → Safari → Advanced → Website Data, then select "Remove All Website Data" and "Remove Now", all items disappear. However, if you go back and select "Website Data" again, iMore.com will reappear. Even if you select "Clear History and Website Data" beforehand, the results are the same. The only way to rid that section of iMore.com is to swipe left on iMore .com and then select "Delete". I recall someone else reporting the same thing in a different thread a while back, but I don't recall the thread topic.

I've had this issue in iOS 9 with various websites but it got fixed in iOS 10.

hinesmj

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site
Anyone unable to end a call on iPhone 7+? With my iPhone 5s, when I removed the phone from my ear after a call, an option popped up to end the call. On iPhone 7+, this option doesn't appear. I just have to wait for the other person to hang up!

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
Anyone unable to end a call on iPhone 7+? With my iPhone 5s, when I removed the phone from my ear after a call, an option popped up to end the call. On iPhone 7+, this option doesn't appear. I just have to wait for the other person to hang up!

What do you have on your screen when you move your iPhone 7+ from your ear?

njlx2016

Jun 2, 2015
Visit site
Siri is so spectacularly useless it's comical.

"Hey Siri, do I have any messages"

-- "You have one message from abc. It says xyz"

(meanwhile no new messages have come in since the initial one that she read)

"Hey Siri, what is the current temperature?"

(still haven't received any new messages)

"Hey Siri, how's the weather?"

(still haven't received any new messages)

Tech198

Aug 12, 2015
Visit site
not sure if its a bug but on the larger iPhone's 5.5 inch, if u pull up Control Center, then turn the phone on it's side, to landscape, the icons do not flip round as they do in springboard (Mail, Phone etc)

italodance

Jun 13, 2016
Visit site
TV App is full of bugs.
I have fixed all bugs in the TV App by myself i wonder why nobody cares about it in order to solve it sooner anyway I have contacted iTunes Tech and Advisor team and reported the following issues below:

1 No Artwork/Season Pass photo of purchased TV show = Solved, The problem was coming from the TV Provider.
2 Wrong Description/About The Show of purchased TV Shows (Season Pass) in new TV App (after it replaced Videos App) = Solved, The problem was coming from iTunes tech team , The Bug conflicts the description between Old Videos App and new TV App with a wrong address.

njlx2016

Jun 2, 2015
Visit site
I have fixed all bugs in the TV App by myself i wonder why nobody cares about it in order to solve it sooner anyway I have contacted iTunes Tech and Advisor team and reported the following issues below:

1 No Artwork/Season Pass photo of purchased TV show = Solved, The problem was coming from the TV Provider.
2 Wrong Description/About The Show of purchased TV Shows (Season Pass) in new TV App (after it replaced Videos App) = Solved, The problem was coming from iTunes tech team , The Bug conflicts the description between Old Videos App and new TV App with a wrong address.

I just bought a season pass for Taboo and the thumbnail for the first episode is missing. However, I bought another TV show (Veep season 3) and all the episode thumbnails appear. I don't have any "apps for TV" installed nor have I linked my cable provider as they don't support it.

When you say "the problem was coming from the TV provider" are you referring to the television network that put the show on iTunes? So you're saying it's FX's fault that there's no thumbnail appearing for Taboo in the iOS TV app?

italodance

Jun 13, 2016
Visit site
I just bought a season pass for Taboo and the thumbnail for the first episode is missing. However, I bought another TV show (Veep season 3) and all the episode thumbnails appear. I don't have any "apps for TV" installed nor have I linked my cable provider as they don't support it.

When you say "the problem was coming from the TV provider" are you referring to the television network that put the show on iTunes? So you're saying it's FX's fault that there's no thumbnail appearing for Taboo in the iOS TV app?

Well Yeah it FX's fault and soon or late they will fix it by adding thumbnail but may i know on what device did you get them? If you got them on iOS you need to check them on iTunes of PC/MAC as well do you see thumbnail or not? You can try your Apple TV ( i don't own an Apple TV myself).

I purchase anything on my iPad Pro cause it is a great device for watching shows, But i have a very bad problem last week, I purchased Shadowhunters 2 Season Pass andddd The Artwork/Photo was missing!!! It was nowhere not on my iPad Pro not iPhone Not iTunes (PC) i got mad and talked to Apple' Senior Advisors reported the issue it took one day that they informed me they forwarded my report to the TV Provider and TA-DA!!! The issue has been fixed and The artwork was visible everywhere Although i requested for a refund (while my report was in process) and took my money back, I even had another problem with first artwork/previous photo of Colony 2 Season Pass (Already purchased that too) and updated new photo couldn't replace with the old one so i requested another refund as well.

Since i purchase anything on iTunes it is so important to me to have all stuff clean and original, Anyway if you don't see the thumbnail you could contact Apple and let them know in order to fix it for you soon OR wait and check your TV App in the next days .

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
cant seem to do a backup using either iCloud (from phone or through iTunes), or doing a backup to my computer from iTunes. Started after upgrading from 10.2.1 to 10.3.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
it is from 10.2.1 and I'm on 10.3 now, and I dont want to go back to 10.2.1. I think it would mess it up since it was on a different iOS?

If you create a backup using iOS 10.3 beta, you cannot restore that backup to a previous iOS version. You can, however, restore a backup made via iOS 10.2.1 to a device running iOS 10.3 beta.

Last edited:

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
cant seem to do a backup using either iCloud (from phone or through iTunes), or doing a backup to my computer from iTunes. Started after upgrading from 10.2.1 to 10.3.

I haven't done an iCloud backup in quite some time, but thus far, I haven't had any problems performing an iTunes backup with iOS 10.3 beta 2. I'll do another one later this afternoon to make sure things haven't changed.