how to view pics in folders?

Snappy Phoenix

May 4, 2011
Visit site
I find it very hard to find a pic I want when I want to sent it to someone in Whatsapp.

I have my pics in folders....

Pics > Family > Personal, etc

and in those folders, they are also organized into more folders

but in the Photo Library viewer, it just shows them all, like if I click on PERSONAL, it doesn't show me the rest of the folders within, but just displays all the pics as if they were in one folder, this makes it very hard to locate the pic I want to send. I miss that feature from Android, is there a way to properly see the folders in their correct hierarchy?

rdstryr

Trusted Member
Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
I find it very hard to find a pic I want when I want to sent it to someone in Whatsapp.

I have my pics in folders....

Pics > Family > Personal, etc

and in those folders, they are also organized into more folders

but in the Photo Library viewer, it just shows them all, like if I click on PERSONAL, it doesn't show me the rest of the folders within, but just displays all the pics as if they were in one folder, this makes it very hard to locate the pic I want to send. I miss that feature from Android, is there a way to properly see the folders in their correct hierarchy?

That's an issue with Whatsapp, you may want to submit feedback to them.

Snappy Phoenix

May 4, 2011
Visit site
That's an issue with Whatsapp, you may want to submit feedback to them.

whatsapp was just an example

I am trying to find a pic located for example in.....

My Photos > Me & My Cats

but when I click on the My Photos Album, it shows every single photo in every single subfolder in My Photos so it makes it impossible to go through thousands of photos just to find that one pic which I know is located in My Photos > Me & My Cats sub fulder

I am using the stock photos app, it just shows them all in one folder or you can organize by date, not by the actual folder hierarchy of that folder

rdstryr

Trusted Member
Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
Still, this is an issue related to the relevant app. Photos app has everything separated by albums in the Album tab so you can view each album and photos in those albums easily. You can also search by location, people, and even specific items in the photos. If the app dev doesn't make it possible for the user to go deeper into the albums, as with the Photos app, then you wont be able to.

rdstryr

Trusted Member
Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
Sorry after I hit post I noticed your last sentence about using the stock photos app. What tab are you under? If you are under photos then you are on the wrong tab, you need to select the Albums tab at the bottom.

Snappy Phoenix

May 4, 2011
Visit site
Sorry after I hit post I noticed your last sentence about using the stock photos app. What tab are you under? If you are under photos then you are on the wrong tab, you need to select the Albums tab at the bottom.

I am under the Albums tab, then I select My Photos, that's fine, instead of showing me the sub folders under My Photos, it just shows me every photo in the My Photos folder, so the sub folders are not showing, but all the photos within the sub folders appear under one big folder, like.....the sub folder called Me & My Cats, only has 15 photos, but now I can't locate that photo I want easily as I have to scroll through the other 5000 photos located within the My Photos subfolders, as if it grabbed every photo from every sub-folder and dumped them under the main folder called My Photos

Is there a better file manager you can recommend? Not free with ads, but a good paid one that can help me see the proper folder hierarchy?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77