Developer iOS 10.2.1 beta 4 available

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
Re: Developer iOS 10.2.1 beta 1 avaiable

Anyone experiencing their phone getting really hot when in use?

Not at all. If it were me I'd do a clean install of 10.2.1. Do a full backup, wipe, reinstall and run for a day or so without reinstalling anything from backup. If there's no overheating then you know it's either a rogue app getting hung up, or just OS system file corruption from the firmware overwrite. This should also help to rule out a hardware issue.

RECON1

May 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Developer iOS 10.2.1 beta 1 avaiable

Not at all. If it were me I'd do a clean install of 10.2.1. Do a full backup, wipe, reinstall and run for a day or so without reinstalling anything from backup. If there's no overheating then you know it's either a rogue app getting hung up, or just OS system file corruption from the firmware overwrite. This should also help to rule out a hardware issue.

Thanks. I ended up just "updating" in iTunes. Fixed the issue so far.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
re: Developer iOS 10.2.1 beta 3 available

Beta 2 is running quite smoothly, but then again, I anticipated that it would...

Frehley

Ambassador
Jul 9, 2010
Visit site

Beta 2 is running quite smoothly, but then again, I anticipated that it would...

What is the difference between the developer and public betas? Would a typical user have any issues with the developer beta?

Thanks!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

What is the difference between the developer and public betas? Would a typical user have any issues with the developer beta?

Thanks!

If there is a difference, I don't know what it is......and no, the typical user would not have any issues with this particular developer beta version, in my opinion.

tsparks1

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site

Running great on 6S Plus, too early to tell about battery yet but expecting at least the same performance as Beta 1 which was stellar, for me at least.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site

Discovered a bug in beta 2. When you 3D Touch an iMessage to see the text, it shows quickly then force closes the quick window and what ever app was running. Anyone else get that?

tsparks1

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site

Discovered a bug in beta 2. When you 3D Touch an iMessage to see the text, it shows quickly then force closes the quick window and what ever app was running. Anyone else get that?

No, tried to replicate several times and works just fine for me.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site

No, tried to replicate several times and works just fine for me.

Memory reset the phone a few times and it went away. I will see if I can replicate it and record what caused it.