TV App? No it should be Stupid App.

italodance

Jun 13, 2016
Visit site
OMG WHAT THE FREAKKKK.. TV is a piece of **** WHAT HAPPENED? new app killed my interest of purchasing on iTunes.......

1 All the Album Arts of Movies & TV shows are so small now!
2 There is no point of "Unseen" episodes in TV shows anymore ! WHAT?
3 Apple should made iTunes Extras offline instead of this useless update of Video app.
4 There is none advantage between in landscape and portrait mode of App on iPad Pro? Who created this stupid update?
5 You can see your downloaded contents in offline mode of app only, But There was a button on the previous menu of Video who you could choice to show all your purchases downloaded or not.

Someone tell me why? TV app is AWFUL.

Last edited:

donnation

Trusted Member
Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
I agree, I hate it. It was bad in the betas and has barely improved in the final release. It should be an optional app to use along with the videos app, not forced. I want my downloaded content only, and that's it.

It is also slow to open and drags most of the time.

Really disappointed in it, I wish they'd allow the videos app to continue to be used. It was perfect before, now it's just a muddled mess.

donnation

Trusted Member
Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
Why does Apple think I need to know everything on at all times on my phone? Why does it insist on showing every season of a show when I only want the downloaded content to show?

This app makes sense for the Apple TV but Apple is completely lost putting this App on the phone. The name is even stupid (TV). Why are my movies inside an app called TV.

anon(39328)

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
Why does Apple think I need to know everything on at all times on my phone? Why does it insist on showing every season of a show when I only want the downloaded content to show?

This app makes sense for the Apple TV but Apple is completely lost putting this App on the phone. The name is even stupid (TV). Why are my movies inside an app called TV.

From what I've seen so far, it doesn't make much sense on Apple TV either.

italodance

Jun 13, 2016
Visit site
There is another issue your entire downloaded archive of Movies/TV Shows would be hidden after a while in fact you need to connect to internet in order to make them visible once again!!!!! Yes even downloaded purchases.

!!!!??? !!! it's like some games which need internet connection for recognizing your license and let you in, I guess illegal movies & TV shows and third party apps are way better than this now. So disappointing at all.

italodance

Jun 13, 2016
Visit site
I don't know to laugh or cry , A friend of mine just said:

Downloaded several TV shows in the new app for flight to Dallas. On the plane, nothing but white screen and spinning dial. Don't update to 10.2 if you watch videos on your phone or iPad...

:mad:

donnation

Trusted Member
Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
I don't know to laugh or cry , A friend of mine just said:

Downloaded several TV shows in the new app for flight to Dallas. On the plane, nothing but white screen and spinning dial. Don't update to 10.2 if you watch videos on your phone or iPad...

:mad:

Yeah I don't think it will load without an internet connection. Jeez, what a colossal disappointment this app is, but honestly this has been par for the course for Apple lately.

italodance

Jun 13, 2016
Visit site
I solved this bug finally but on my iPad Pro only and if you don't use any Sim Card, Just enable flight mode and go to your TV app , Exit AND That's it done , and remember never turn flight mode off OK!? This bug is completely converse than previous iOS versions and Videos app, As far as i know when you wanted to turn flight mode on The videos app tried to hide any of your iCloud purchases which were not downloaded into your app But in iOS 10.2 is ridiculously reverse.

Trigati

Sep 1, 2015
Visit site
I'm not impressed with the TV App myself. It took forever for it to start actually working on my iPod. It didn't work at all during the initial 10.2 beta, it didn't work after the final 10.2 release. I had to get 10.2.1 beta 1 before it started working. It's working now, so.. yay?

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I like the idea of the TV app. The execution isn't there though. Hopefully Apple works out the kinks and gets more content providers on board.

italodance

Jun 13, 2016
Visit site
I found out another solution who i want to share it with you again in order to fix this once and forever without any internet connection.
get The CW app, run and load shows to your TV app, Now SOLVED.

Trigati

Sep 1, 2015
Visit site
I found out another solution who i want to share it with you again in order to fix this once and forever without any internet connection.
get The CW app, run and load shows to your TV app, Now SOLVED.

So, at that point, I might as well just use the CW app (or any other app) to watch my shows. Honestly, the TV app is just pointless right now. I really hope they improve the functionality of it.

italodance

Jun 13, 2016
Visit site
So, at that point, I might as well just use the CW app (or any other app) to watch my shows. Honestly, the TV app is just pointless right now. I really hope they improve the functionality of it.

Yes but you don't need to watch the CW, this method will let you see your downloaded archive and you won't be worry for a white screen anymore.

Last edited:

Trigati

Sep 1, 2015
Visit site
Yeah, I suppose that's fine if you want to watch what you've downloaded. However, if I've got a WiFi connection, I might as well just stream what I want to watch in the CW (or other network's) app. There's no point to using the TV app. I really want to know the thought processes behind the new TV app and what the designers intended it to be used for.

italodance

Jun 13, 2016
Visit site
Another damn bug on stupid TV App, pfff if you purchase TV Shows (Season pass) the description of the show won't be the same on iTunes. You merely see a note related to the first episode of the Season, it's like you purchased one episode only, Already tried to re-download or logout then logon into either Apple ID or iCloud but no chance.