Has anyone experienced better battery life by swiping apps?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
So, I wanted to revive this thread because I had a question...

I have turned of Background App Refresh, but when I check my battery stats, it still shows apps having background activity. For example, I use the Xbox One app and it shows 16 mins background and 2 mins on screen time usage; the same can be said for other apps (like Amazon for example). How does this still have background activity even though it's turned off.

I am on 10.3.1...

Background App Refresh is a good thing. Turning it off does not stop apps from running in the background. It helps apps run in the background more efficiently, thus using less resources. Apps need to run in the background so they perform as you want them to. Using Background App Refresh will not drain your battery. I keep it on for all my apps.

jrdatrackstar1223

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
Background App Refresh is a good thing. Turning it off does not stop apps from running in the background. It helps apps run in the background more efficiently, thus using less resources. Apps need to run in the background so they perform as you want them to. Using Background App Refresh will not drain your battery. I keep it on for all my apps.

Thanks, shouldn't have asked on 2 threads. I will test this and see if it effects battery life after my next charge. Interestingly enough, the Xbox One app doesn't have a Background App Refresh switch