What would you like to see in iOS 11?

smf98aggie

Dec 27, 2016
Visit site
1) System wide Dark mode

2) Ability to clear all open apps in multitasking view (often times I want them all closed and it would be easy to just click a clear all)

3) Revamped Multitasking screen: We don't need the basically full-screen card view to swipe through. Bring something similar to the Side Over view on iPads - can use the same function to 3d touch the left side to open multitasking but have it as a vertical scrolling with smaller "cards" so that the main screen isnt completely missing.

4) Volume up/down at the top of the screen (using circles similar to that of your service indicator). This way when you turn up or down your volume you don't have that big volume control pop up in the middle of the screen of what you are doing. They wanted to get away from BLOCKING the screen with notifications which is why they did the banners, they should implement a banner volume display.

5) 3D Touch the top bar of options in Control Center - allowing users to swap WIFI networks, Bluetooth, and other settings...and allow for a Deep 3D Touch press to enter into settings directly from Control Center (it is annoying having to go to settings app every time when they can easily implement this function).

6) In most native apps, provide the option to change app settings directly within the app instead of having to jump into settings always. Would be very good in camera when you want to switch your slo-mo settings, or frame rates, etc.

7) Create live app icons - similar to the clock we currently have that moves and shows time. Allow apps like the weather one to show your current locations current weather right on the app icon.

#7 is what Microsoft calls Live Tiles. I used WP for about 3 years and LOVED my live tiles! They were so useful the way they displayed info in real time. But, unfortunately that was Microsoft's baby, so I doubt they'll let Apple steal that away, especially if they're still trying to push there new universal platform. It still heavily relies on live tiles.

smf98aggie

Dec 27, 2016
Visit site
Widgets or Live Tiles! And the ability to change the default voice assistant using the home button. Cortana is so much better than Siri

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Rumors say iOS 11 will offer Facetime group calling (up to 5), and Facetime audio will be the default calling between iPhone users. That I would like!

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I would love to see dynamic app icons for weather and certain apps that could use it without making the home screen like a disco ball.

Rumors say iOS 11 will offer Facetime group calling (up to 5), and Facetime audio will be the default calling between iPhone users. That I would like!

There is still some kind of glitch where the FaceTime audio doesn't go through. Regular calls don't have this problem.
As long as that's not sold, I will be falling back to regular calls if the other side doesn't pick up within the expectable amount of time.
FaceTime is awesome but I don't use it that often, but FaceTime group would indeed be more awesome.

I'm gonna upgrade as soon as it's available on beta.

grover5

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
I really want some style of notifications like android has. Apple has the brains in Cupertino to do this, I know they can. Also, allow me to place icons where I want. Keep the grid. Just let me have spaces or skip rows. Something fun apple.

Both of these would be a big improvement. Especially the notification improvements.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I would love to see dynamic app icons for weather and certain apps that could use it without making the home screen like a disco ball.

There is still some kind of glitch where the FaceTime audio doesn't go through. Regular calls don't have this problem.
As long as that's not sold, I will be falling back to regular calls if the other side doesn't pick up within the expectable amount of time.
FaceTime is awesome but I don't use it that often, but FaceTime group would indeed be more awesome.

I would hope Facetime would be improved in iOS 11 if they do that.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

Multiple people on FaceTime is a game changer. Wouldn't need Skype! As long as it makes it to macOS, too (I'm sure it would) that would be awesome.

miketko

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
Love all these suggestions. That being said just makes me want jump back to my android since most of these suggestions are already in android

miketko

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
I think the feature I would want the most that is totally doable is just making the home screen your own. Hate how borning it is compared to my S8+

miketko

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
Idk why we make lists like this. Apple is above listening to the people who actually use the phones. Everybody needs to shut up and be good sheeple and do things just as Apple tells you to!

Lol really though, when is Apple going to catch up with Android? When will they ever let people use their phones the way they want?

Hello Apple, in case you haven't noticed it is a mobile world nowadays! Why not let me use my own phone the way I want to without being required to be plugged into a computer, my charger, connected to wifi, etc. to do much of anything. I'm a big boy now, I can download apps larger than 100mb using cellular data if I want.

Guess what Apple? News flash - not everybody has a computer to plug into. Some people don't have wifi in their homes and don't want to drive 20 miles to the nearest McDonalds to download an app or backup their phone. It's my phone and my data, I pay for both, please let me use them how I want.

Why not let me have native OTG support so I can plug any device into my phone at any time and transfer any files I want to and/or from my phone? Android has been able to do this for quite a while.

Why not give me a "priority only" alert system like Android's that actually works well?

Maybe a simple file browser to use with my OTG support?

I'm not asking for an Android phone, but why not loosen up a bit and give us a phone that's a little more usable in today's world?

I have to actually go into my settings to select a wifi network or Bluetooth connection? It would be a lot easier to long press the icon and be taken to the settings.

Maybe somebody can help me? Suppose I'm using Safari browser and I want to quickly check the date. What is the quickest way to do this? On Android all I would need to do is pull down the status bar just a bit to peek at the date then let it slide back up. It can be done in literally 1 second. The fastest I've found with iOS is to swipe down then swipe left and then undo all of that to get back.

I've used a rooted Android for 10 years and just started recently using this iPhone when my wife upgraded, so of course I'm used to doing anything I want to. I don't expect Apple to go that route at all, but it would sure be nice to implement a bit of the standard functionality available on a stock android phone.

And don't get me wrong, I do like a lot of things about the iPhone. The 3D Touch is cool, I love iMovie and iMessage and various other things.

But why can't I select the playback quality in YouTube? Silly things like that bug the snot out of me.

I'm with you on all this but this is why i constantly go back and forth between iOS and android because I don't expect most of these things to happen at all until iOS 20 ish. And that's not a joke lol

anon(27512)

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
•iMessage
•Make payments via Apple Pay.
•Available on Android
•Ability to change bubble colors per contract

•System wide themes
•Created by Apple and thrid party devs
•System wide themeing.
•Custom system sounds, ringtones, notification sounds, wallpapers, lock screen, fonts. Custom lockscreen clock and layout.
•Built into settings
•Allow devs to make icon packs

•User Customization
•Free placement of app icons
•App drawer or Finder for iOS
•Ability to set ringtones and notification sounds with sound files from apps and websites. Not just the iTunes store. Allow users to download ringtones from apps like Zedge.

•File system
•User accessible
•Backed up to iCloud.

•Apple Pay
•Membership Cards
•Rewards Program

•Notification Center
•Syncs Notications across signed in Apple devices. This way if you read a notification on your iPad it's not on your iPhone.
•Group notifications by app. I don't need 50 individual notifications from Instagram
•Make the status bar more useful and show app icons for notifications like Android.

•Multi window apps like on iPad

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
•iMessage
•Make payments via Apple Pay.
•Available on Android
•Ability to change bubble colors per contract

•System wide themes
•Created by Apple and thrid party devs
•System wide themeing.
•Custom system sounds, ringtones, notification sounds, wallpapers, lock screen, fonts. Custom lockscreen clock and layout.
•Built into settings
•Allow devs to make icon packs

•User Customization
•Free placement of app icons
•App drawer or Finder for iOS
•Ability to set ringtones and notification sounds with sound files from apps and websites. Not just the iTunes store. Allow users to download ringtones from apps like Zedge.

•File system
•User accessible
•Backed up to iCloud.

•Apple Pay
•Membership Cards
•Rewards Program

•Notification Center
•Syncs Notications across signed in Apple devices. This way if you read a notification on your iPad it's not on your iPhone.
•Group notifications by app. I don't need 50 individual notifications from Instagram
•Make the status bar more useful and show app icons for notifications like Android.

•Multi window apps like on iPad

Why an app drawer? It would just take up a lot of storage space. What would you want in an app drawer?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Ain't the home screen not one big App Drawer in itself? No need to have a separate screen for it, imo.

I have an app drawer.
2596987d9cf577acc09e3119d150eb2b.png

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Because I'm tired of the grid of icons. I don't need to constantly stare at every app on my phone to know they're there.

Make your first screen page empty, moving the icons to the next screen page. Then you can just view your wallpaper. Swipe over when you need an app icon.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro