TV Provider app in 10.1.1

edswife1970

Oct 23, 2015
Visit site
Yeah I see it too...didn't notice it...Comcast not there...wonder what's up..maybe they won't be supported..

Comcast has it's own app you can download and watch tv shows, movies, etc. If you are at home and using your home Wi-Fi, you can watch live TV too. Kind of nice to watch tv in bed on your ipad...LOL

RHChan84

Oct 22, 2016
Visit site
Comcast has it's own app you can download and watch tv shows, movies, etc. If you are at home and using your home Wi-Fi, you can watch live TV too. Kind of nice to watch tv in bed on your ipad...LOL

lol I can watch Tv on my iPad or on my TV. I think they need to allow this app to be used anywhere. Certain channels do work anywhere in the USA but I think all channels should be.

xboxbml

Jul 13, 2016
Visit site

Yeah I know...been doing it since they offered it..

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site

Comcast's app is garbage IMO. It's nearly worthless the second you leave your home wifi and they refuse to support many other streaming apps, like Fox Sports Net, simply because they're Comcast and they can get away with it.

I doubt they'll support Apple's TV app. I hope I'm wrong. We'll see!

patton4549

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
If I'm not mistaken the tv provider app makes it so you can download any app that streams tv from your subscriber and if your signed into the tv provider it won't make you log in any more

So if your logged into tv provider under settings and download the XFINITY app it will just log in for you like Twitter and Facebook does

xboxbml

Jul 13, 2016
Visit site
Comcast's app is garbage IMO. It's nearly worthless the second you leave your home wifi and they refuse to support many other streaming apps, like Fox Sports Net, simply because they're Comcast and they can get away with it.

I doubt they'll support Apple's TV app. I hope I'm wrong. We'll see!

Yeah the app is pretty much garbage...it works half the time...Even sitting at home on my home wifi network it complains about only being able to view that program on your home wifi...I AM Duh!! Hate it when it does that...Comcast has a monopoly in my area so we don't have much of a choice.. I won't do satellite and Uverse sucks.. at least Comcast's internet works as advertised..

RHChan84

Oct 22, 2016
Visit site
I thought about going to Fios but the money I'll pay after a year is outrageous. It bumps it up close to $40/month extra to keep what I have now. I save like $10/month for the first year but then jumps up.

Or I can drop my internet speed and give up hbo and showtime. So I just said screw it, I'll stick with Xfinity.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro