Best email app.

iriusturar

Nov 1, 2016
Visit site
Hi! It's my first post here. I want to know Your choice. I'm looking for new email app for GMail account. I used Google Mail but after new update It's terrible. I used Spark too, but it doesn't refresh in background and I don't see new mails. Any suggestions?

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
Welcome to iMore.

I use the Apple Mail app that comes with my phone. It works well for my iCloud, ISP and domain mail accounts. I really have no complaints about it. Woks well for all my needs.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Do I have to do something special to get it to swipe to delete instead of archive??

Yes. Tap the hamburger menu top left, swipe to the bottom to get to "settings" and tap it, tap the name of your email account, the top option lets you swipe messages to trash rather than archive.

RECON1

May 12, 2012
Visit site
I've been using Spark for some time now. Probably my favorite out of all the ones I've tried... and I don't know why. Just really like it

Jbrown99

Jan 23, 2016
Visit site
Do I have to do something special to get it to swipe to delete instead of archive??

You can change this setting in settings within the new gmail app now, swipe to delete. Open up gmail app and at the bottom of the side flyout menu is settings. Change it there per email accounts setup.

Ecm

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
OP,
You may also want to check out the Outlook app. It's another good alternative. Gmail works well with it. And Gmail email delivery seems a bit quicker than with the native mail app.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
For the past few weeks, I've been using the Mail by EasilyDo app and am really enjoying it. I'm also Abbie fan of the Outlook app as well as the native Mail app. I typically revert to the native Mail app after a while when trying out 3rd-party solutions.

torini

Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
For the past few weeks, I've been using the Mail by EasilyDo app and am really enjoying it. I'm also Abbie fan of the Outlook app as well as the native Mail app. I typically revert to the native Mail app after a while when trying out 3rd-party solutions.

I also use the mail app by EasilyDo. They are very good and responsive to feedback as well. Notifications are spot on.

Chuck_IV

Apr 12, 2016
Visit site
To the OP,

For any 3rd party email app, I have found that you should leave it in the background for it to work best. Don't swipe up and completely close it when not in use or it won't download the emails in the background.

Spark has worked great for me in the past but I am not a fan of threaded emails and with Spark, you don't have a choice. It's threaded all the time.

I was using the iOS mail app and had my home emails forwarded to my Outlook.com account for push access on IOS, but the idiots at MS broke my connected home account when they updated the Outlook.com website and can't get it working again.

So I started forwarding my emails to my Gmail account but since the iOS mail app DOESN'T do push for Gmail, I had to find an alternative.

That is why I started using Airmail. It's $5 but has quite a bit of customization. Still a bit buggy but much better than it was.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Hi! It's my first post here. I want to know Your choice. I'm looking for new email app for GMail account. I used Google Mail but after new update It's terrible. I used Spark too, but it doesn't refresh in background and I don't see new mails. Any suggestions?

I use outlook and connect my gmail account to the outlook app. Works great. May also look back at gmail since the latest update.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I use Spark as well, and have no issues with refresh rates. I am notified as soon as I get an email. If I'm texting someone and they send me an email, I usually have the notification and email before they send me the text saying the sent the email.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2