Email problems after most recent public iOS uodate

just_luc

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Hi all,

I don't post over here on 3 imore side of mobile Nations very often, not an iPhone user myself but as the IT manager for my company i've been seeing am increasing number of problems from my users with iPhones on our mail server.

The problem presents itself as a blank email body on the device. It seems to mostly affect messages that have HTML in them but it's not just the graphics that don't load. The entire email body is blank. Interestingly one user has reported that if they open the message from their webmail first, it then loads fine on their iPhone..

I've tried the obvious stuff like rebooting the phone, resetting the data stack and making sure the load external images button is checked on.. No result.

Has anyone seen this? Is there a known cause or solution?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
No, never, and I've had every iPhone except the original, the 3GS, the 4 and the 5C. ...Anyway, it appears to not be fully syncing properly with your mail server.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Bump. Nobody has seen anything like this before? The email provider is rackspace if that jogs any memories

As stated above, I've never experienced what you've described...Ever!...Since you've stated that it has occurred in 3 separate devices, did you restore those devices from a backup? If so, you may have restored the problem into those devices. If you haven't already, restore the device and then set it up as new and not from a backup.

just_luc

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I don't own these devices. The users do. If they need to be restored to correct the problem that will be up to them. But I feel that's the nuclear option. I'd like to hear from someone who has seen an issue like this and solved it before I recommend such a drastic step.

DLieSaS

Jun 1, 2014
Visit site
There is something weird going on with Mail.app in iOS 10 – sometimes I get extremely small (unformatted!) text…

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro