Public Beta iOS 10.2 Beta 7 available

donnation

Trusted Member
Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
re: Public Beta iOS 10.2 Beta 6 available

I really hate the TV App. Realizing that this is a beta, its a complete mess. I don't want to see every single item I've ever purchased off of iTunes and right now there is no ability to delete videos that you've downloaded directly from the device. I really hope this gets a major overhaul before it goes final.

What's also interesting is that iTunes prompted me to re-install the Videos app from the app store. I re-downloded it but its also now showing all purchases even with that setting turned off in Settings.

patton4549

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site

The tv app is buggy as heck right now, all my movie cover art is changed to a random music art cover and their all the same. Same cover art on all my home movies as well. Really disappointed in the elimination of the video app. I don't want to be bothered about buying stuff with all the videos I already have should be separate app like iTunes for example

G.4

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site

Installing now. Hopefully this gives me at least some functionality with the new TV App. On Beta 2 it would never allow me to connect any of my subscriptions (Hulu, Sling) so pretty much useless. Plus, I still had the videos app by default and it wouldn't stay in the folder I assigned it to. It kept jumping out to the second home screen page. Really strange.

donnation

Trusted Member
Mar 19, 2012
Visit site

The tv app is buggy as heck right now, all my movie cover art is changed to a random music art cover and their all the same. Same cover art on all my home movies as well. Really disappointed in the elimination of the video app. I don't want to be bothered about buying stuff with all the videos I already have should be separate app like iTunes for example

I couldn't agree more. I have the same issue with the artwork. You can download the videos app from the app store but it shows all of your purchases as hiding them in settings doesn't do anything.

prettyfacejessy

Dec 25, 2010
Visit site

Since latest update not receiving any haptic feedback when enabling force touch with any icon on home screen. I'm on a 7plus. Anyone experiencing this?

Trigati

Sep 1, 2015
Visit site

No, no star rating in Music with PB3. That's disappointing. Battery life seems at least equal, but it's looking like its actually better. That's encouraging.

G.4

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site

Thankfully this release fixed the bug where I still kind of had the Videos app, but it would just not stay put in a folder. Also, Hulu sign-in actually works in tv app now so that's at least some progress. Still, bummer that Hulu is the only app I use that works in conjunction with the tv app

Trigati

Sep 1, 2015
Visit site

Okay, there aren't any real showstopping bugs that I've seen so far, and battery life, especially on standby, seems improved. I'm actually contemplating installing PB3 on my iPad Air to see if it fixes the trouble I'm having getting to the home screen (because it doesn't seem to register the second press sometimes).

combi06

Dec 28, 2015
Visit site

No, no star rating in Music with PB3. That's disappointing. Battery life seems at least equal, but it's looking like its actually better. That's encouraging.

If you are not seeing the star rating option yet go into iTunes (Mac or PC) and assign a rating to a song. Once it syncs back to your phone you'll see the star rating toggle under the Music settings... It worked for me

G.4

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site

Glad to see the tv app working as intended on this beta. I'm not sure how much I like it yet, but at least it works. The rest of the OS seems pretty solid as well. Only annoying bug I have found is with the camera app and changing orientation. Seems like it keeps getting "stuck" for a second in one orientation or the other when accessing from the lock screen swipe. So if I take a pic in landscape, then put the phone back in my pocket locked, then take it out a few minutes later and try to take a pic in portrait, I have to wait for the orientation to "catch up" to everything else. It always does, but it takes about 3-5 seconds each time.

Trigati

Sep 1, 2015
Visit site

If you are not seeing the star rating option yet go into iTunes (Mac or PC) and assign a rating to a song. Once it syncs back to your phone you'll see the star rating toggle under the Music settings... It worked for me

okay, while that's a way to get star ratings, if I'm out and about and want to give a rating to a song I'm listening to, I now have to try and remember what song it is and that I need to give it a rating once I get home.. which means I need to get in front of my computer, open up iTunes, find the song, then rate it. Never mind if I've been out and have stuff to do at home before relaxing at the computer, the chances that I remember I want to rate songs is going to be low, because that's not on my mind then. It's very backwards and I hope they reinstate star ratings right back into the music app so songs can be rated right away.

combi06

Dec 28, 2015
Visit site

okay, while that's a way to get star ratings, if I'm out and about and want to give a rating to a song I'm listening to, I now have to try and remember what song it is and that I need to give it a rating once I get home.. which means I need to get in front of my computer, open up iTunes, find the song, then rate it. Never mind if I've been out and have stuff to do at home before relaxing at the computer, the chances that I remember I want to rate songs is going to be low, because that's not on my mind then. It's very backwards and I hope they reinstate star ratings right back into the music app so songs can be rated right away.

You totally missed my point. The purpose of giving a star rating to a song in iTunes is to enable the star ratings option on the Music app. You only need to do it once to one song. Like I said it worked for me and now I can rate songs from the Music app on my iPhone

Trigati

Sep 1, 2015
Visit site

You totally missed my point. The purpose of giving a star rating to a song in iTunes is to enable the star ratings option on the Music app. You only need to do it once to one song. Like I said it worked for me and now I can rate songs from the Music app on my iPhone

Ah, I see. The initial post was a bit too succinct, but got it now. Thanks.

rdstryr

Trusted Member
Sep 12, 2012
Visit site

Anyone using their only device to run this beta? I have an backup 5s but I'd rather run it on my 7 which is my main.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro