What is the best app for keeping passwords?

Oct 31, 2016
Visit site
Hello, can you recommend me the best app for keeping passwords. Just came from BlackBerry Passport with BB10 and there was app called Password keeper. Is there something as near as good on IOS10. Thanks in advance.

Ecm

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
Re: Best app for keeping passwords

LastPass user here. So far no complaints at all

LastPass is my favorite as well. A $1 subscription allows my passwords (and secure notes, etc.) to be synced across my 2 iPhones, BlackBerry, Android, and Chrome & Firefox on both my desktop and laptop.

FYI, OP, you can export your BlackBerry PW Keeper database and import it to LastPass. The only thing I had to do maually was assign categories to some entries after importing.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

I was a long time user of the DataVault app and had it installed on my iOS devices as well as my MacBook. Having said that, I've been using the 1Password app for a few years now and really like it a lot. It is also an app that is well supported. Whether it is "the best" depends on your likes and dislikes. For me, I'll keep using it until it no longer suits my needs.

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site

Another vote for 1Password. Been using it for years on both my phones and computers. One the apps I most recommend to people.

knighty9

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site

Been using Lastpass for just over a year. It's been awesome and I highly recommend it. It's easy to create hard-to-crack passwords and you dont have to remember them. Lastpass' authenticator app is still a little buggy though

xderiwx

Sep 1, 2014
Visit site

Another 1password user here. Have it on iOS, Android and Mac. Works great everywhere and I haven't encountered a problem since first install. The people behind it are very nice as well! :)

Posted via the iMore App for Android

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site

Call me old Fashion but I just use a locked Note for my password needs and since it's send to my iCloud Drive I never lose them

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site

I have used 1Password in the past, and I believe it's fine, but I have been using Lastpass for several years now, and I prefer it. I believe that the usability of 1Password is higher, particularly for Apple devices, but I initially switched to Latspass because they had a great solution for Android at a time when I was using Android phones, and 1Password did not (and for a long time they had only a "read-only" solution - you could see what your passwords were for sites, but not change them or create new ones on Android.)

I'm on iOS now, but I still prefer Lastpass. They were recently sold to Logmein, which initially worried me a little, but they seem to be running things the same (if not better - just today they announced that previous Premium-only features are now free).

But what really makes me prefer Lastpass is their response to security issues. Here is a blog post from July: https://blog.lastpass.com/2016/07/lastpass-security-updates.html/

Tavis Ormandy, a security researcher at Google, made them aware of a security issue and they had it patched THE SAME DAY. Normally, Ormandy starts a 90 day clock; he responsibly reports security issues to a vendor and does not publicize them until they have had 90 days to fix it. I think it's quite unusual for him to have these vulnerabilities patched so quickly.

In August, he tweeted that he was looking into 1Password; he seemed unimpressed:

https://twitter.com/taviso/status/760231214812844032

Somebody asked him about it a few days later: https://twitter.com/schof/status/763802703793315840

@taviso Haven't heard you report anything on 1Password. Clean bill of health so far?

And he reported that he'd found some issues: https://twitter.com/taviso/status/763830191407845376

@schof I've sent them some vulnerabilities, but it's not the worst I've looked at.

He was asked later what the issues were, but said that he couldn't comment until the issues were patched. Well, it's been almost three months now, and there is still no patch to 1Password. (He also mentioned in a later tweet that there was an issue with Dashlane that was patched a month later, because Apple would not expedite the app review. KeePass seemed fine, he said.)

Almost three months without word of a patch for this vulnerability: even though it's "not the worst [he's] looked at", this is what worries me about 1Password compared with Lastpass...

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site

Welcome to iMore!
I use Enpass. It has worked well for me and my husband and it is cross platform so I can get it from any device I'm using.

michaeljdewilde

Oct 29, 2016
Visit site

I work for a carrier here and most of what I have seen used has either been the stock notes app or the 1Password app.

wolfee48

Mar 9, 2016
Visit site

For those of you using 1password... are you paying subscribers? I am thinking of moving to Lastpass. My 1password is frozen on my 6s. Anyone know how to export data from a frozen 1password?

Edit: Solved my problem.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen