iOS 10.3.2 is officially available

trparky

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site
Seems to be running far smoother than iOS 10.2.1 on my iPhone 7 Plus. Less graphical hitches, overall better system performance.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
I only have about 500 or so photos in my photo library. Pre-iOS 10.3 it would start scanning photos almost immediately after setting up the Photos app.

I never paid attention to it, but, according to this article, face detection happens when the battery is sufficiently charged and the phone is plugged in.

For both iOS and macOS, the new Photos scans quietly for objects and scenes, but because facial recognition is more computationally (and thus battery) intensive, both OSes let you know that face-interpretation only occurs when iOS devices and Mac laptops are plugged in and have sufficient charge. In iOS, it can happen in the background while the device is plugged in.

avmsam

Aug 18, 2009
Visit site
the way the playlists are sorted in Apple Music has changed for me. i don't see "recently played" and "top 25" at the top anymore. it's organized alphabetically like the rest of the playlists.

njlx2016

Jun 2, 2015
Visit site
After a few reboots I was able to coerce my phone to download all my music, and my text replacements are now syncing between my Mac and phone - they weren't with iOS 10.2.1 / macOS 10.12.3.

Setting up an iOS device as new is a pain.

k12345678

Jan 21, 2017
Visit site
Got out of the beta program and noticed the Beta 7 got my iPhone 7 Plus at 186 gb then got of the beta program and got the official 10.3 and my gigabytes went up now sitting at 205gb is that normal ? I'm not complaining it's great but just wondering if people experience the same thing ?

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Got out of the beta program and noticed the Beta 7 got my iPhone 7 Plus at 186 gb then got of the beta program and got the official 10.3 and my gigabytes went up now sitting at 205gb is that normal ? I'm not complaining it's great but just wondering if people experience the same thing ?

Looks to me like cache has been deleted from several apps. This can amount to the extra free storage.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

Sounds good :) Like Tartarus said, probably cleared out some cache in there.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
This may sound like an Android question but is there any need to do a factory reset after an update??

Some do a clean install in which they install a clean OS and have to set up their devices from scratch after the update (or restore from a backup). I never do. Never had any issues. Very seldom will you notice an issue that requires doing a factory reset after an update. Just remember that the first day after an update really isn't a good indicator of performance. Try and give it a day or so if you notice battery issues or slowness.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
This may sound like an Android question but is there any need to do a factory reset after an update??

I used an Android phone for a long time before switching to iOS. In my experience, no, it's not necessary, as it always seemed to be on Android for me. (I always used my Android phone for at least a week before deciding whether or not to do a FDR. I always ended up deciding I needed one.)

Even the iOS 10 upgrade went well on my phone (though I did end up doing a factory reset and start from scratch after Apple Support suggested one after I thought I had a problem with my phone, and it turned out that the encryption key I used for the iTunes backup was not the one that I thought it was. And it turned out that my problem - the Podcasts app was not in the App Store after I deleted it from my phone after the iOS 10 upgrade - was because I forgot that I'd added a restriction in settings / general / restrictions a long time before.)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR