iOS 10.3.2 is officially available

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
re: Developer Beta iOS 10.2 Beta 5

I've been getting crazy good battery life on Beta 1...

I was getting about 10% less on beta 1 compared to 10.1.1 official or whatever the latest was. Still too early to really say on battery for beta 2.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site

Not a fan of the TV app or the fact that I have re download the newest episode of Walking Dead. I downloaded it this morning at home where it takes a minute instead of at the hotel where it'll take 3 hours.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site

Yeah, but FWP.

It's more than, I can't even stream Netflix in the meantime using Binge On because I went over my data limit so I'm limited to 2G for the rest of this week until my new cycle starts. So much for Binge On bypassing the data limit.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

Thus far, the latest Dev beta is playing quite nicely with my iPhone and iPad Pro....��

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Developer Beta iOS 10.2 Beta 2

It's more than, I can't even stream Netflix in the meantime using Binge On because I went over my data limit so I'm limited to 2G for the rest of this week until my new cycle starts. So much for Binge On bypassing the data limit.

So they cut off binge on after you surpass limit? I have unlimited on my phone so never really worried about that. But I have 6 GB with binge on for my iPad Pro but I've never exceeded the 6 GB for regular days so never came across that issue.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site

Thus far, the latest Dev beta is playing quite nicely with my iPhone and iPad Pro....��

Still early on for me to really say but my mediocre battery from beta 1 seems to be solved on this build. But only 8 hrs in but so far I'm very impressed.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site

So they cut off binge on after you surpass limit? I have unlimited on my phone so never really worried about that. But I have 6 GB with binge on for my iPad Pro but I've never exceeded the 6 GB for regular days so never came across that issue.

Not exactly, what they told me is they can't differentiate the data. So basically, when you use Binge On they differentiate the data so it doesn't use your data allotment, however if you go over your data allotment they can't differentiate the data and Binge On is capped to 2G speeds as well.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site

Not exactly, what they told me is they can't differentiate the data. So basically, when you use Binge On they differentiate the data so it doesn't use your data allotment, however if you go over your data allotment they can't differentiate the data and Binge On is capped to 2G speeds as well.

Yikes. At least I know not to exceed my 6 GB's on my iPad. Never have yet though.

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site

I put this in the public beta section earlier. Sorry for duplicate but it's frustrating me. Maybe someone here knows. I don't know if this is a beta thing or I'm losing my mind... there used to be an option in mail to sync calendars back a month, a year, forever. For the life of me I can't find that option now. I'm better than this lol. What am I missing? Thanks in advance

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site

Yikes. At least I know not to exceed my 6 GB's on my iPad. Never have yet though.

Yeah, I have 6 days left in my cycle too, so I went ahead and opted for the 10GB for the remainder of the month. I now have 10GB to use in six days. Cost me an extra $15. I wish I had a fourth to add to my plan so we could switch to T-Mobile One and have unlimited without really increasing the bill per person.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site

I put this in the public beta section earlier. Sorry for duplicate but it's frustrating me. Maybe someone here knows. I don't know if this is a beta thing or I'm losing my mind... there used to be an option in mail to sync calendars back a month, a year, forever. For the life of me I can't find that option now. I'm better than this lol. What am I missing? Thanks in advance

Yep, it's gone now.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site

Yeah, I have 6 days left in my cycle too, so I went ahead and opted for the 10GB for the remainder of the month. I now have 10GB to use in six days. Cost me an extra $15. I wish I had a fourth to add to my plan so we could switch to T-Mobile One and have unlimited without really increasing the bill per person.

Gotcha. Yeah I'm on an old plan. For phone, we have 2 lines with unlimited for $120. It is a great deal for the 4 lines on T-Mobile One. I wish I could apply our 2 iPads to that but we can't. So wife's iPad is on 2 GB with no binge on and mine is on 6 GB with binge on.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Developer Beta iOS 10.2 Beta 2

I like this change in beta 2 with the repeat and shuffle buttons
fc45b49d33251537b6ec92f55cf18f78.png

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site

Now I'm a little more upset with Apple and a little upset with myself. Kept seeing it on my phone and it just didn't register. The videos app is still there. So after six hours of redownloading my show on the TV app, which by the way didn't download, the realization set it, checked the videos app the morning and my show is still there, downloaded, ready to go. So there are definitely synchronization issues with the tv app. And I'm also upset with Apple for changing my app layout and switching the videos app with the tv app. Outside of that, I'm not having any issues with this beta.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73