In app purchase

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site
Added my mother in law to our family share account and now she can't make in app purchases. No restrictions are turned on the phone and others in the family can make in app purchases. I tried removing her from family share and she still couldn't make IAP. Had her sign out and back into her account on the phone, restart phone, removed her payment method, added her back to family share. Nothing has worked so far. Anyone have any other suggestions?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
On her device, go to Settings → General → Restrictions, and then enable the toggle next to "In-App Purchases", if disabled.

Mr.Willie

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
Wait, your mother-in-law can't make in app purchases on your account and you see that as a problem ?

Anyway Just Me D nailed it.

Disclaimer: My mother-in-law is on my plan.

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site
That is not the problem. As I said in the original post restrictions are not turned on. I even had her turn in restrictions and turn in app purchases off then back on... still a no go.

Mr.Willie

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
So when you take her device, go into settings, iTunes and App Store, and click on the account she's logged in as and select view account, everything is on the up and up ? (Check the Family share from her device)

If it is, you might need to call Apple support.

Do the same thing on your device, do you see her Apple ID on your device ???

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2