iOS 10.1.1

zocster

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
Re: iOS 10.1.1 Now Available - full public release

If you have the beta profile installed, delete that and reboot.

got it installed with beta profile. It came way later than ipsw became available. But I don't mind, got it now :)

gattzzz

Sep 27, 2016
Visit site

Just updated to the new software Apple pushed out this morning, after install my home button no longer has haptic feedback when pressed. Tried a restart and nothing. Unfortunately unable to restore from a backup at the moment as I am at work. Has anyone else experienced this yet?

YankInDaSouth

Oct 24, 2016
Visit site

Just updated to the new software Apple pushed out this morning, after install my home button no longer has haptic feedback when pressed. Tried a restart and nothing. Unfortunately unable to restore from a backup at the moment as I am at work. Has anyone else experienced this yet?

All good here ....

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site

Saw this on another thread... someone suggested a hard reset, which the op tried and that seemed to fix the issue.

Rolandh

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site

My iPad Mini 4 with Public Beta Profile Installed has picked up the 10.1.1 Update, but my iPhone 6 Plus with Dev Beta Profile didn't pick up the 10.1.1 Update. Instead I got the 10.2 Dev Beta on my 6 Plus.

Roland

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

My iPad Mini 4 with Public Beta Profile Installed has picked up the 10.1.1 Update, but my iPhone 6 Plus with Dev Beta Profile didn't pick up the 10.1.1 Update. Instead I got the 10.2 Dev Beta on my 6 Plus.

Roland

Yup. 10.2 was released for dev yesterday. Wouldn't be surprised to see it for public soon.

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site

Yup. 10.2 was released for dev yesterday. Wouldn't be surprised to see it for public soon.

Just ordered my 7 last night. Think I'll hold off on the public when released so I can easily restore from back up and then rejoin the beta on the 7. Think I should uninstall the profile before I back up and restore the new one on Thursday or doesn't matter?

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

Just ordered my 7 last night. Think I'll hold off on the public when released so I can easily restore from back up and then rejoin the beta on the 7. Think I should uninstall the profile before I back up and restore the new one on Thursday or doesn't matter?

Keep in mind that restoring, IIRC, wants to be on the same iOS version, or on a higher version. So, if you're on 10.2 now, and back up, you likely won't be able to restore to 10.1 on your 7 when it arrives. You'll need to update it. If you need the beta profile to get that, then I'd keep it.

If you're on the official release from the last week or so that everyone got, then it's not really an issue. But it all depends on what iOS version is on your phone when you backup.

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site

Keep in mind that restoring, IIRC, wants to be on the same iOS version, or on a higher version. So, if you're on 10.2 now, and back up, you likely won't be able to restore to 10.1 on your 7 when it arrives. You'll need to update it. If you need the beta profile to get that, then I'd keep it.

If you're on the official release from the last week or so that everyone got, then it's not really an issue. But it all depends on what iOS version is on your phone when you backup.

I'm on the official. 10.1. So if I wait and don't install 10.2 then I shouldn't have an issue. Think I should uninstall beta profile or really doesn't matter

j3zz3b3ll3

Nov 1, 2016
Visit site

Has anyone else had major problems with the new update. After I updated it won't let me use my cellular data.

msgetf

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site

I am having issues opening the iMore App on my iPhone 6S Plus after the update. Works fine on my iPad Pro.

OniTamo30

Mar 28, 2016
Visit site

Does anybody have issues with Safari on 10.1.1?
Bookmarks won't appear anyone, just a blank page.

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site

No problems yet on my iPad Mini 2 or iPhone 5S. Still zippy. And no real difference noticed.

OniTamo30

Mar 28, 2016
Visit site

Of course, rebooted it, checked the settings, etc. But it didn't help. I had to save all my bookmarks again. I mean it's really not a big deal but I was wondering why an upgrade would erase my safari bookmarks

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

I'm on the official. 10.1. So if I wait and don't install 10.2 then I shouldn't have an issue. Think I should uninstall beta profile or really doesn't matter

I'd leave it, but only if you're going to stay on betas after you get the new phone :)

oladob

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site

Mine behaves a lot better on iOS 10.1.1 thought I still get the odd glitch with my car Bluetooth. I have done all the usual.

Nov 4, 2016
Visit site

It seems to have fixed one of my biggest iOS 10 problems: I can access my pictures through the data cable again instead of having to use FileBrowser, which was a nuisance. I'm not sure if it is loading faster or not. There was a definite slow down on my iPad Air 2 from iOS 9.

I'm not usually an early adopter and this is why, but all's well that ends well now that the bug fixes are here.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal