iMessage feature

Chris Cook5

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
I'm trying to show someone how to use the iMessage feature that sends balloons, confetti, etc. she does have iOS 10 but can't figure out how to send that stuff. I was able to show her how to send stickers & GIF's

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
1. For iPhones with 3D Touch (6s & 7 series) force press on the blue circle with the up arrow. For all other devices, use a long press.
e17f05569c395fd5eba81073f39ef0a0.jpg

2. Select the Screen tab, swipe to balloons, then tap the blue circle with the up arrow again.
76723fc40e8ae67527ef19683209543c.jpg

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Have her disable Reduce Motion in Settings > General Accessibility.

In iOS 10.1 you will be able to have Reduce Motion enabled and still use the new features. But until then having it disabled is your only option.

Chris Cook5

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
I just tried it on mine. Turning mine on it doesn't allow me to do it. Sounds like the bug to me . Or am I understanding this backwards

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Well, it seems plausible that reduce motion has some battery effect with iOS 10 if it doesn't show the iMessage effects like balloons, lasers, etc., depending on how many of those you get, of course. (Honestly, I don't mind animations all that much, but I wish there was a way to turn off the dumb iMessage stuff. I just want messages, not screen effects, stickers, etc.)

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Well, it seems plausible that reduce motion has some battery effect with iOS 10 if it doesn't show the iMessage effects like balloons, lasers, etc., depending on how many of those you get, of course. (Honestly, I don't mind animations all that much, but I wish there was a way to turn off the dumb iMessage stuff. I just want messages, not screen effects, stickers, etc.)

Those things are not "in use", so to speak, until you actually use them. In the meantime, the iMessage app works in the same manner it did prior. Still, I get what you're saying. I'm not a fan of all of the additional add-ons either, but I understand that any business must do the certain things inline with its competition.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Those things are not "in use", so to speak, until you actually use them.

I'll never use them (with the exception of the times I send "Happy birthday" and iMessage automatically adds the balloon effects, but I can't remember if that actually shows up on my phone or not). I can't control what people *send to me*, however. I want to turn off effects for messages that people try to send me, specifically. I just don't care or want to see them.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW