iOS 11 or something else?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
2017 will mark the tenth anniversary of the iPhone, and there are speculations about a redesign and all sorts of goodies associated with the 10th anniversary iPhone model(s), but what about iOS? We assume it will be named iOS 11, but should it? After so many iterations of OS X, Apple finally changed it to macOS. Can we expect the same for next years iOS version? iPhoneOS perhaps? Please share your thoughts and opinions about it....

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
iOS X has a nice ring to the ear, marking the 10th anniversary of iOS in the name, but with OS X already been used in the past, I don't think they'll go for it.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
iOS X has a nice ring to the ear, marking the 10th anniversary of iOS in the name, but with OS X already been used in the past, I don't think they'll go for it.

I don't think they will either, especially being that we are currently running iOS 10. iOS X wouldn't be any different because it still denotes 10. Know what I mean?

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I don't think they will either, especially being that we are currently running iOS 10. iOS X wouldn't be any different because it still denotes 10. Know what I mean?

Exactly. But in my defense, even though X means 10, it can also stand for 10th anniversary in this case.

Tech198

Aug 12, 2015
Visit site
I would guess, something else... I mean u must stop at one point right ? We gonna see iOS99 ? I don't really wanna imagine that far ahead yet.

brau0303

Trusted Member
May 2, 2017
Visit site
I think there is something to be said for one OS/look/feel across all platforms (the caveat would be that it has to scale properly across all of the devices or it would likely not be a good user experience on some devices)

Cheers,
BR

Matty

Trusted Member
May 24, 2014
Visit site
I like the number sequence but am up to change.

As long as they don't call it "Late for Dinner"
I quite like what they have done with MacOS. They have a name for it like Sierra or Mavericks but still keep the number at the end 😃

I guess I'm happy with the number naming for iOS but might be nice to switch things up a bit. Maybe have mountains for Mac and rivers for iOS?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox