ICloud Photo Backup

jianrong

Dec 29, 2014
Visit site
Is it possible to backup my whole photo in photo app?

Supposedly I sync them with iTunes using selected folder.

When I turn on iCloud Backup for Photo Library it prompt me to delete the photos on my device.

My Photo Stream is working fine but I would like to backup all file in Photos app to iCloud too.

?

TwitchyPuppy

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
- Go to Settings --> iCloud.
- Make sure 'Photos' is enabled.
- Scroll down to 'Backup'.
- Enable 'iCloud Backup' from there.
- Tap 'Back Up Now' (make sure you're connected to a WiFi network).

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
If I turn on iCloud Photo Library it prompt me to delete my photos in Photos app.

No, you can't delete the photos in your photos app. If you do, they will also delete from iCloud. iCloud is a back up option. It backs up what is currently on your device. It doesn't work like Dropbox.

SimonAustin

Banned
Oct 17, 2016
Visit site
Every users has original 5GB of free storage for iCloud. If you have too many photos on the iPhone, you might need a update of iCloud storage.
If you only want to store photos on iCloud. Go to Settings > iCloud, toggle off all items but photo.

jianrong

Dec 29, 2014
Visit site
No, you can't delete the photos in your photos app. If you do, they will also delete from iCloud. iCloud is a back up option. It backs up what is currently on your device. It doesn't work like Dropbox.

Well I mean originally I sync all photos using selected folder feature in iTunes. So albums are appearing in Photos app.

I had iCloud Backup -> Photos -> all inside on except iCloud Photo Library.

If I proceed to turn on Photo Library -> it will tell me the existing photos will be deleted from my Photos app.

Naturally I click cancel. -> Photo Library weren't turn on due to this.

I had all iCloud backup option turn on except Photo Library and Mail.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Right now it only backup to iCloud -> those photo I took using camera.

I don't use iCloud Photo Library. I upload all my photos to Box and Dropbox. I know there's an explanation why it prompts to delete. Maybe someone who uses iCloud Photo Library will explain it.
@robertk328

SamSamSmith

Banned
Oct 20, 2016
Visit site
Each users has orginal 5 GB of free iCloud storage. It's a good idea to sync photos with iCloud but be careful with the storage. Or, backup via iTunes.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2